Change background image

White Star Mine Track

Discussion in 'Tracks Discussion' started by Hodgy, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Hodgy

Hodgy New Member

Gday everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has done White Star Mine Track lately and what the conditions of it were? Looking to get down with 2 x 90 series Prados, 2in lift and AT's with a snatchy on board. Will this be sufficient or should it only be attempted with muddys and winches?

Cheers

EDIT: The latest info I could find is nearly 10 yr old stating that muddys were a must

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Bit wet up there at the moment , you will probably be ok but id prefer to have a winch on board .

Hodgy likes this.
  3. Hodgy

Hodgy New Member

Cheers mate. Might give it a miss if that the case. We're reasonably inexperienced too so better to be safe than sorry.

Bomber2012 likes this.
  4. Outrage

Outrage 4x4 Earth Contributer

Been a couple years since I had been on it, it is very steep and particularly at the bottom of the hill it is very rough/holes. You do have the opportunity to park up top and walk it, it is a short track.

I would want a winch though, due to the steepness, a snatch might not be practical.

Hodgy likes this.
  5. Hodgy

Hodgy New Member

Thought as much. One can hope right. Nearly bought a winch last week too :( Plenty of other tracks I've got in the GPS. Not sure on their condition but will make a call as we go. Heading up to O'Tooles as a base camp and hoping to hit up Donnellys creek track, Army track, Williamsons spur, Flats track and White Star track (before the mine track). Hopefully we are capable of doing those :D

6. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Get that winch mate, gives you a lot more security... There's a lot of steep stuff around Walhalla and if you don't know the area well you could get yourself into strife especially if it rains.. Once you hit the clay that's where the fun/misery can start....

Rooftop maps is your friend

Goodluck

barcher likes this.
  7. Hodgy

Hodgy New Member

Cheers Swaggie. Duly noted mate. Unfortunately couldnt get the winch as I need a cradle too and it needs to be ordered in locally. Might just be super careful. Raining heaps at the moment so probably stick close to camp worst case scenario. Basically just want to be out bush. My brother and I lost our mum last week so just trying to escape for a couple of days... Thanks for the advice mate . Appreciate it.

Swaggie and Bomber2012 like this.
  8. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

No worries bud, sorry to hear about your mum, I know where your at my sis passed away at the start of June.:(..I thought 2018 wasn't going to be a bad year for me... How wrong I was.

Anyway if you want to ask any questions about that area or Dargo etc just pm me anytime hopefully I can help..

Cheers

Hodgy likes this.
  9. Hodgy

Hodgy New Member

Thanks mate Sorry to hear about your sister. May she rest in peace. Heres to a better 2019!

Swaggie likes this.
  10. Hodgy

Hodgy New Member

Didnt end up doing much at all. Last night was ruined by idiots with stupidly loud dance music. To the point where we couldnt hear ourselves have a conversation on the other side of OTooles. Not to mention the must have had a firearm of somesorts as we were woken 4 or five times once we finally got to sleep by gunshots close by. Looks as though the same wankers who trashed coopers creek have found otooles. Probably camp at Andersons if were up that way again...

barcher and Swaggie like this.
  11. phs

phs Well-Known Member

Any tips on which brand ?

Swaggie likes this.
  12. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Hear hear, may your mum rest in peace also mate...:);)

Hodgy likes this.