Which Winch

ozne

Looking to fit a winch on the GU. Razorback and Ironman both offer what seem to be reasonable value for money. What is the general opinion on the two?

rodw

Looking to fit a winch on the GU. Razorback and Ironman both offer what seem to be reasonable value for money. What is the general opinion on the two?

I have got the Ironman one. It stopped working after two recoveries and I got it serviced under warranty. After the weekend, it has three more recoveries under it's belt. Averyone is talking about the Tigerz but that might be a result of good marketing.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
I have got the Ironman one. It stopped working after two recoveries and I got it serviced under warranty. After the weekend, it has three more recoveries under it's belt. Averyone is talking about the Tigerz but that might be a result of good marketing.

I've got a 9000 lb Magnum on the front of the Prado. And like Rod mine too did 3 recoveries on the same trip. It has only been used 4 times in its life and three of these were to recover Nissans with the other a Rover. Anyway, i don't like it much. The clutch release is not a lever like in the real "warn" it is a simple knob that I have not managed to be able to turn so each time I use it I have to reverse the winch to run the cable out - pain in the bum but ?I guess you get what you pay for.

croozza

I have a Tigers 11 and it is a very good winch, rated at 12000lb, winches pretty fast for a low mount as well, just be careful of the clutch in it as it is a bit light (if you are winching down hill), but if you take good care of it, it wont give you any probs.