which tyres

babyface

Now i have sorted out the supention being done in Jan the tyres are next. The bridgestone AT are about to clock up 96000k's no joke!! the best set of tyres i have ever had. I want to go biger but bridgestone don't make 275 70 17:( and i don't really want to change my rims.
It looks like coopers or BF goodies, price is about the same for both of them at $420.
Don't want mudies want to stick with AT's as i do about 2000k's per f/n hwy driving.
Looking for good and bad news. :confused:

croozza

Now i have sorted out the supention being done in Jan the tyres are next. The bridgestone AT are about to clock up 96000k's no joke!! the best set of tyres i have ever had. I want to go biger but bridgestone don't make 275 70 17:( and i don't really want to change my rims.
It looks like coopers or BF goodies, price is about the same for both of them at $420.
Don't want mudies want to stick with AT's as i do about 2000k's per f/n hwy driving.
Looking for good and bad news. :confused:

Try Maxxis, they have a couple of different types of all terrain tyres to choose from.

zoom

If i was in your shoes & doing that many miles I'd choose BFG AT they have a well proven compound . My brother was in your shoes & they just kept rolling. I personally don't have them so it's an unbiased statement i make

Pure Yobbo

Hey Mate,

I had similar millage at of my original Bridgestones the ones that came on the car so the Jap ones. I put another set of Bridgestones on and they wore alot quicker - apparently the ones made in Australia arn't as good as the Jap ones.

I run Mickey Thompsons ATZ 4 Rib and they seem to be wearing well but early days yet.

Cheers

DarkAngel86

Pirelli ATR Scorpion tyres are the best tyres for ATs.. I'm currently using Roadstone Rodian ATs, still quite okay in mud, though still can't beat the mudders..

But the Pirelli's bite into mud real good, next tyre change surely looking for those ATs.. :D

Certainly would recommend the Pirelli ATR Scorpion tyres.. ;)

OGJON

can't beat the Nankang A/Ts
cheaper than the others but IMHO a lot better wearing, drive better on road & are absolutely brilliant off road if let down to the right psi of course & the love mud
they're a bit more aggressive than a normal A/T but not quite as aggressive as a muddie.

I had a set on my X-TRAIL & they were on there for 2 yrs & they started with 13mm & only wore down 3mm in the time I had them I gave them lots of abuse yet they still looked brand new when I sold the X-TRAIL

Last edited:

newhue

babyface....you got the quietist little baby face.....

Seriously, I find my BF AT's quite good. They came on my second hand car as 100% on the front and 50% on rear. You can make of that what you like.
I have 17 000 on them in 8 months, about 60% city driving with a loaded ute, some long touring with family and gear, and good proportion of 4x4ing chucked in; and they have warn very little.

I cut them up early in the piece on rocks as I didn't know about tyre pressures back then, no punctures however, and they did what was required.
Some say they aquaplane, and maybe they do a bit, but hit 2inches of water at 100klm and every AT tyre moves I reckon.
They hold a greasy road well, I mean a road just wet after a long dry period.
On the highway I don't find then noisy.
And in off road and sand applications, well it's mostly tyre pressure anyway. But they don't seem to get hot at 15psi up the beach. They hold a dirt road well at speed, and throw up the right amount of dirt as you flog the sh*t out of them up a hill.

I don't work for BF Goodrich, and I don't like the price, at all; but so far I would buy again.