Which Ranger should i buy?

HaiNH1993RG

Hey guys,

I'm going to my a Ford Ranger and i meet difficulty to find the best one. The budget isn't my problem. In my country, there are 6 Ranger versions so i don't want which version is suitable for me. I want to buy a powerful car and stylish.

I love going offroad and i often go offroad with my old Minsk motorbike. Now i'm going to buy a Ranger to go through my country with my wife.

Available versions in Viet Nam are:

- FORD RANGER BASE CHASIS 4X4 MT
- FORD RANGER WILDTRAK 4x2 AT
- FORD RANGER XLS 4X2 AT
- FORD RANGER XLT 4X4 MT
- RANGER BASE 4X4 MT
- XE FORD RANGER 4X2 XLS MT

Can some one help me? I'm very confused

Last edited:

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Some of those models might be specific to your country, but as you want off road use your can lose the 4x2 ones.
What does the MT stand for ? Oh, I see the AT too, so must have mud tyres from the factory ?

I would thinkl these would be best for your wet terrain over there, so maybe the XLT 4x4 MT, or the no frills base 4x4 MT ?
If you want to fit a custom back on it, then the first one is likely just the cab / chassis 4x4 MT which you can get a tray fitted, or make a full custom camping rig up on the back (or a slide on camper).

underdog

What does the MT stand for ? Oh, I see the AT too, so must have mud tyres from the factory ?
From the money-is-no-issue remark, I assume he's buying new; which leads me to think that the AT & MT would be referring to auto & manual transmissions.

Lordranger

Hey guys,

I'm going to my a Ford Ranger and i meet difficulty to find the best one. The budget isn't my problem. In my country, there are 6 Ranger versions so i don't want which version is suitable for me. I want to buy a powerful car and stylish.

I love going offroad and i often go offroad with my old Minsk motorbike. Now i'm going to buy a Ranger to go through my country with my wife.

Available versions in Viet Nam are:

- FORD RANGER BASE CHASIS 4X4 MT
- FORD RANGER WILDTRAK 4x2 AT
- FORD RANGER XLS 4X2 AT
- FORD RANGER XLT 4X4 MT
- RANGER BASE 4X4 MT
- XE FORD RANGER 4X2 XLS MT

Can some one help me? I'm very confused
I would be looking at the - FORD RANGER XLT 4X4 MT as they dont seem to have the auto 4x4 version there, Being a rather damp tropical climate I couldnt see you enjoying the 2 wheel drive variant much.

regards,
Kev

HaiNH1993RG

I would thinkl these would be best for your wet terrain over there, so maybe the XLT 4x4 MT, or the no frills base 4x4 MT ?
If you want to fit a custom back on it, then the first one is likely just the cab / chassis 4x4 MT which you can get a tray fitted, or make a full custom camping rig up on the back (or a slide on camper).
MT stands for Manual Tranmission :) yeah. I totally agree with your idea. I don't need to tow anything because in my country, it's very dangerous. There always has traffic jam in my city...And towing is a bad choice for me :D

Last edited:

HaiNH1993RG

I would be looking at the - FORD RANGER XLT 4X4 MT as they dont seem to have the auto 4x4 version there, Being a rather damp tropical climate I couldnt see you enjoying the 2 wheel drive variant much.

regards,
Kev
I have the same idea with you, Lordranger. But i prefer Ranger XLS 4x2 MT than XLT :) I will post its technical information here and you can give me more advices :) Is it ok?

Last edited: