Change background image

Where to go 4wding south east vic in September

Discussion in 'Tracks Discussion' started by JAI30, Sep 4, 2018.

1. JAI30

JAI30 New Member

Hey guys I'm looking at going out 4wding this weekend with a couple mates and wondering wheres best to go with all the seasonal closures. Looking for intermediate tracks. Possibly Bunyip, Warburton, Neerim... would love to hear your recommendations on wheres best and what tracks to do.

2. CaptainBanana

CaptainBanana Active Member

I headed out to Walhalla as the areas closer to home were largely closed. Walhalla has a good mix of tracks but the many creek crossings could be getting high with spring now starting to warm things up.

I may be heading out this weekend myself and it will likley be Walhalla although Toolangi also should have options.

3. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

There are a few good tracks around woods point open

4. rudic

rudic New Member

does anyone know if comet flat reserve in woods point is open over grand final weekend? seasonal closure map 26D says the track is closed however not sure if you can still access the camp ground?

5. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

I cannot see why the road would be closed its just past the Woods Point Pub,little stream crossing and your there its on the right hand side
    Never seen signs etc stating anything to that effect unless it's changed in the last year.

rudic likes this.
  6. rudic

rudic New Member

Cheers mate, never been to the area, so looking at maps and online info. Hoping to use Comet Flat Reserve as a base camp and tour from there (visiting mt terrible, matlock and german spur over three days) :)

7. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Yeah Kool there's plenty of camp areas along the Woods Point road...