Where to: 79series full builds.

chabre

I am looking for recommendations where to build two new 79 series. Preferably on Sidney, Brisbane or Melbourne, but open to anywhere.

We are from Mexico and we cant be there to be managing the build, so we need a place that can do the full build from getting the UTEs from Toyota to the final delivery.

I have contacted some places, but I want to know what are your recommendations for this?

Thanks

79 Cruiser

The Toyota dealership I bought mine from in Brisbane organised mine, I just told them what I wanted and I picked it up from the dealership all fitted.

G_ute

Perhaps be clearer on what you mean by "build"
Bullbar, winch, extra fuel tanks, different tyres, full-on camper, hundreds of other things?
Hire something?

chabre

Perhaps be clearer on what you mean by "build"
Bullbar, winch, extra fuel tanks, different tyres, full-on camper, hundreds of other things?
Hire something?

Yes, sorry.

We are looking for bullbar, winch, coil conversion, at least 250L of diesel, canopy, roof tent, maybe chassis extension.

I looked to hire, but they have a lot of restrictions on where you can drive it, you can not drive most of the good tracks, no water fording, etc.
And if we have our own vehicles, it opens up the possibility to send them after a year or two to Africa for another trip.

mac_man_luke

No personal experience but they seem to have some good builds

OneHilux

The Toyota dealer can sort out lots of accessories for you, I work for one and have fitted out a couple of 79 series in my (fairly) short time with them so far. But there’s no ‘Toyota genuine chassis extension kit’ I don’t think:D

discomatt

After it is built , you have finished your trip and ready to sell post it up here , I have been keeping my eye out for the right one that hasn’t been hammered but they are rare to have all the bits already done

chabre

After it is built , you have finished your trip and ready to sell post it up here , I have been keeping my eye out for the right one that hasn’t been hammered but they are rare to have all the bits already done

Thats the idea, selling them after we finish our trips. But there is a possibility that after having them one year in Aus, we ship them to Africa for another trip.

dirvine

Discomatt Dont tell me you are abandoning the LR brand!! Just remember I bought a brand new 76 wagon with a lot of fruit when I bought my LR. Didnt keep it long and never again would I go the agricultural route again. If you value your back and ears, stay with what you have got. They are not the ducks nuts as a lot of people on here say!!.

discomatt

Nothing in the LR stable that will be as good as the D4 which is already 7 years old. If and that’s a massive if the new defer turns out to be any good it’s a possibility but it took them 10 years to get the D3 and 4 right and even then it’s not 100% sorted. A 79 that has 100k thrown into mods would be a great truck, standard they are pus

Albynsw

Just got a call today from a mate I haven’t spoken to gor close to 5 years
He has had a 130 Defer since new, he is a real estate agent and only uses it for work and going to the beach, never used off-road
He traded it on a new Hilux 6 weeks ago. Said he loved it but too unreliable and was always borrowing someone else’s car at work because his was at the mechanics
He had done 240k on it

dirvine

Just got a call today from a mate I haven’t spoken to gor close to 5 years
He has had a 130 Defer since new, he is a real estate agent and only uses it for work and going to the beach, never used off-road
He traded it on a new Hilux 6 weeks ago. Said he loved it but too unreliable and was always borrowing someone else’s car at work because his was at the mechanics
He had done 240k on it
Just a question Albynsw Whats this got to do with a 79 upgrade. My comments were only directed at Discomatt as I bought a 76 wagon at same time and I got rid of it, and he is contemplating one. As we know he is a LR Tragic