Where cars are made

discomatt

Interesting how they move around with some having insane growth while others decline.
What would be more interesting would be align those numbers to political policy, tariffs , wages and union dominance

typhoeus

Interesting how they move around with some having insane growth while others decline.
What would be more interesting would be align those numbers to political policy, tariffs , wages and union dominance
Yes, that's the read-between-the-lines stuff I was talking about. Notice how rapidly the Chinese manufacturing increased? That represents billions of $ worth of development, infrastructure etc in a relatively short time. And that is just for vehicle manufacture,

Paddler Ed

You can see certain points in time:
1970's oil crisis
Late 1980s/mid 1990's: the end of the protectionism from Japanese imports in Europe
Collapse of the Berlin Wall and the end of the USSR
2000's the death of Rover in the UK
The start of Ford manufacturing in Belgium (where they made the Mondeo IIRC)

boobook

I'm surprised Korea is so low in recent years.

You can also see the move of manufacturing from the US to Mexico during the Obama years too. Maybe Donald is right.

G_ute

Mexico has been increasing under Trump.
I reckon it would have gone to Mexico now matter who was president - after all its about profit over all else. Trumps mantra as much as Obama, if not more.

discomatt

That is amazing how manufacturers rise and fall depending on global markets, what models they are pumping out and probably advertising campaigns

Rusty Panels

Geez! and I always thought that it was when the Daddy car and the Mummy car fell in love .........................