Where am I 2020.

barcher

Nice work smitty, and fast.
Your turn to go through the archives and dig something out.
Won't be long and we'll have current photos to put on.

Colly18

Googs Lake?
Just too late, eh!?
Interesting exercise, this is! :)
Haven't been there but vegetation looks South Australia. Sand flags and camping area. Not too many places in SA need sand flags, but Googs Track is one. Google Googs Track lake and up pops a few pics. Yep looks right! :)

barcher

Ive never been there but will hopefully one day , what should I look out for , track conditions etc .
I've heard some describe it as a beginners Simpson desert, plenty of sand dunes but only little ones and not chopped from traffic. If we do it again a side trip to Lois Rocks will have to happen.
There's Googs lake, a monument to Goog and Dinger that is secret stuff, you'll have to see for yourself and Mt Finke. Isolation and the odd camel.

Last edited:

smitty_r51

I've heard some describe it as a beginners Simpson desert, plenty of sand dunes but only little ones and not chopped from traffic. If we do it again a side trip to Lois Rocks will have to happen.
There's Googs lake, a monument to Goog and Dinger that is secret stuff, you'll have to see for yourself and Mt Finke. Isolation and the odd camel.
Northern end was chopped to hell when we did it 9.5 hours to do 120km. Annoying because the sand was fork enough to idle up but someone had been bouncing over the dunes

Colly18

Try this one. It may be a bit difficult, but if you have been there you should recognize the location.

IMGP0001 (Medium).JPG