Wheel winch

cptmud

this is a great idea for the 4wder that dosnt want to go to the expense of buying a winch bar,and winch. It is not suited to all 4wd situations, but has the advantage of being able to use forward or backwards. its a bit time consuming to set up, but would suit someone who is only a light 4wder, or tourer.

YouTube - The Bush Winch

Davidman

4x4 Earth Contributer
Doesn't look like a bad little rig. The youtube video doesn't show it working too much, I would imagine that the ropes would need to have a resonably high breaking strain.

cptmud

Doesn't look like a bad little rig. The youtube video doesn't show it working too much, I would imagine that the ropes would need to have a resonably high breaking strain.

Unfornatly, we where restricted on time on the segment on the show, but i might be able to get a demo up and running if there is enough interest

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
The Bush Winch Kit
Wheel Nuts
Winch Rope
Bush Ground Anchor
Bush Guide
Bush Bridle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click to Enlarge
The Bush Winch
manufactured exclusively
BWA Performance
Industries of Adelaide
under ISO 9002 standard
1. The Bush Winch
Significant savings are offered by purchasing the kit as opposed to individual components:

Kit prices range from $735 to $885 + GST* + Postage & Handling.

Normal Rope Kit Heavy Rope Kit
24 Wheel Nuts $795.00 24 Wheel Nuts $885.00
20 Wheel Nuts $780.00 20 Wheel Nuts $865.00
12 Wheel Nuts $745.00 12 Wheel Nuts $825.00
10 Wheel Nuts $735.00 10 Wheel Nuts $815.00

Wheel nuts for each of the drive wheels
2 winches
2 lengths of winch rope
Kit bag
Instruction manual
The Bush Winch will fit most vehicles. Click here to find your vehicle and check for compatibility. If you cannot find your vehicle amongst our list, please send an email to info@bushwinch.com.au to enquire about your specific vehicle.

The bush winch can be purchased individually for $280.00 and are available in the following stud patterns:

5 Stud 100mm PCD
5 Stud 114.3mm PCD
5 Stud 139.7mm PCD
5 Stud 150mm PCD
6 Stud 139.7mm PCD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Wheel nuts:
BWA provide wheel nuts for use with the Bush Winch which fit a variety of different vehicles with different wheel nut dimensions and thread patterns.

They come in two different lengths 35mm and 45mm and can be purchased individually for between $5.50 and $10.00 each.

3. Winch Rope:
BWA provide rope in two strengths:

Normal Duty/Recreational Use (breaking strain 2000kg/4409lbs)
Heavy Duty/Enthusiast Use (breaking strain 3200kg/7054lbs)
Additional rope is available in:

Normal Duty (25 Metre Lengths) $4.00/Metre
Heavy Duty (20 Metre Lengths) $5.00/Metre

Click to Enlarge 4. Bush Ground Anchor:
The Bush Ground Anchor has exceptional ground holding in sand, mud and clay.

The Anchor is carried in a compact bag weighing 18kg(39lb).

Price: $400 inc GST

Click to Enlarge 5. Bush Guide:
The Bush Rope Guide ensures that the winch ropes spool onto the Bush Winch even when pulling from anchor points to the side.

Light weight and very strong the Rope Guides attach simply and quickly to the same wheel nuts used by the Bush Winch. Placed either in front or behind the winches i.e. on the front or back wheel wheels, the Rope Guides will spool the rope onto the winch whether going forward, backwards, around corners and in side-slip situations.

Price: $330 inc GST

Click to Enlarge 6. Bush Bridle:
The Bush Bridle is light weight and can be used for multiple purposes.

The shakles are rated at 3,200kg and are combined with two heavy duty nylon rollers and 8mm Bush Bridle Rope with a braking strain of 6,700kg.

Price: $462 inc GST

im not sure this is a cheaper alternitive its actually quiet expensive

cptmud

true, but is you add up every accesorry, it adds up. But you dont need all the extras, The basic kit and maybe the ground anchors is all you need.

it is just an alernitive to an electric or hydralic winch, for those who dont want to go down that path, and still want to be able to self recover.

To be honest, when i first heard of it, i thought waste of time, but it does have its place and will appeal to some ppl.

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
im not saying its not a good product it is all im saying is its expensive it certainly looks like it would do the job

Fox Shooter

Have seen these in action and to be used properly the vehicle needs to be fitted with diff lock to the diff that the bush winch is being used on. When the winch loads up have seen the opposite wheel spin and the winch wheel just sit there, they do sort of work ok with lsd's but better with diff lock.
Another concern is using one of these on the front wheel what is the load like of the front c/v's and hub bearings.

cptmud

Have seen these in action and to be used properly the vehicle needs to be fitted with diff lock to the diff that the bush winch is being used on. When the winch loads up have seen the opposite wheel spin and the winch wheel just sit there, they do sort of work ok with lsd's but better with diff lock.
Another concern is using one of these on the front wheel what is the load like of the front c/v's and hub bearings.

not quite right, as there is a winch attachment on each wheel, and you use one rope that is attached to both wheels, therefore if 1 wheel spins it takes up the slack. We found that it works best of the rear wheels as stated , as we snaped a steering rod when testing it. Also you need to be in low range 2 wheel drive, eg hubs unlocked and take it nice and easy and let the winch do all the work, and try to minimise wheel spin.

Fox Shooter

Cptmud with 2 on the same diff this would work very well. The demo I had watched they where only using one, and the other thing they would take up a lot of room having 2 of them in the 4wd.

cptmud

it packs away into a bag, takes up as much room as 2 12 inch wheels we might be doing another shoot for a demo vid, i just have to confirm the details and we might have a bit of a show and tell day with it

fukawi2

Unfornatly, we where restricted on time on the segment on the show, but i might be able to get a demo up and running if there is enough interest
I'd be up for that -- I can't see me choosing this over a normal Electric winch, but seeing it in action would be very interesting...