Wheel winch or portable electric winch?

Rusty Panels

That's a good point, apparently using a snatch block doubles the capacity. Does adding another pulley block really reduce the required capacity even further? I'm not sure I understand how this works.
The more snatch blocks (they're just a pulley in reality) the more effective the pulling power. The following video is for robotics but same principles.

peterfermtech

This is the book you need.
1598001764ADA_1.jpg

Carnut

Yesterday evening I tried Robert Pepper’s YouTube channel. It got rather late, couldn’t stop watching :)

For 4x4 beginners like myself this is a goldmine of information!

boobook

Who remembers those batteries?

LOL me, unfortunately!

It's not long ago that no boater, camper fisherman or home handyman could go without a dolphin and 6V lantern battery. I'll bet there are a few here that have never been camping with them either. They were so bright. You can still get them. 235 lumins, about the same as a $5 head torch. A bit tougher though.

Last edited:

cam04

LOL me, unfortunately!

It's not long ago that no boater, camper fisherman or home handyman could go without a dolphin and 6V lantern battery. I'll bet there are a few here that have never been camping with them either. They were so bright. You can still get them. 235 lumins, about the same as a $5 head torch. A bit tougher though.
Cardboard box with spare batteries came with us everywhere when we were kids. If the radio went flat while we were camping on Fraser in the 70's I think they would have packed up and gone home haha. Wasting the dolphin batteries was a sin punishable by death.