Change background image

What's the green corner on my avatar mean?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Feedback & Help' started by Chatty, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Just noticed a green corner (top left) on my avatar. Any ideas what this means?
    James is watching and I'm on my final warning?
    Recognition that Pajeros really do beat all and we're 'green to go'?
    I've been tagged as a 'Greenie'?
    Watch this one - everything he says is carefully measured bulldust?
    This bloke is in desperate need of money for his retirement fund - so donate as much as you can?

mikehzz and 80lover96gxl like this.
  2. Gavo

Gavo 4x4 Earth Contributer

Means you're online. Well I presume.

Toddyh likes this.
  3. MyCrazy80

MyCrazy80 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it means your online, and when people aren't online its not there.

4. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Ah, that could explain why I only see it when I'm online :p:D:rolleyes:o_O

80lover96gxl and Paddler Ed like this.
  5. MyCrazy80

MyCrazy80 Well-Known Member

Possibly! Lol

6. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

You've been targeted by aliens :eek:

7. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

it's not there now chatty which means you aren't on line. Wow I never noticed the green bit, Time for specsavers. :eek:

80lover96gxl and MyCrazy80 like this.
  8. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

No, it's there now !

It's sort of like if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it...

mikehzz and ian.c like this.
  9. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Bring on the anal probe!

10. phs

phs Well-Known Member

Hey there settle down no need to get over excited yet

They have nt even started yet

11. muc the truck

muc the truck Well-Known Member

You have been hit by the green snot machine .

12. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this...I've been trying for weeks to find a way to tell if I'm online or not while I'm browsing the forum. Now all I need is a way to find out if the fridge light is on or off after the door closes.

smitty_r51 likes this.
  13. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

As I speak, I see your green corner is on, however more importantly my green corner is not on and I am on????. If you know what I mean.:).
    So more importantly, how do I know if I am on or I am not not?
    OOPS! my green light is on nowo_O.

Chatty likes this.
  14. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Every time I look in the fridge, the light is on. So my engineering training tells me that if 100% of my observations observe one thing, then that thing must be the true state.
    So I'm going with the fridge light stays on all the time.

ian.c likes this.
  15. rogerazz

To check fridge lighting, remove all shelves, get someone to get inside, then close the door. This should confirm the light on, light off situation.
    If your fridge is a small model, use a smaller person.

ian.c likes this.
  16. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

The problem Roger is that your wife didn't tell you you were 'on' - and we all know that something isn't true unless our wife tells us it's true - so in your case your green light didn't come until on until your wife said you were on.

Of course, we are all well versed in this Positive Observation Occurrence Phenomenon (or 'POOP' for short) - we experience it every day. Your wife asks you if you have put the rubbish out. You reply "Yes Dear". But we all know that the rubbish hasn't actually been put out until your wife physically has a look to confirm that the rubbish is, in fact, out.

A little known cororolary of this phenomenon is the fact that our wives are all first-class quantum physicists. Quantum Physics is, of course, based on the belief that in observing something we actually change its state.
    So, for our wives, they change the state of the rubbish from being 'in' to being 'out' simply by observing that the rubbish is no longer 'in'.
    A more personal example for me is that by simply observing that the 'full' light on the toilet cassette has changed state from 'on' to 'off', Trish has managed to effect the emptying of the toilet cassette with no other external intervention.

I like to call this the Making All Good Instances Conceivable phenomenon - or 'MAGIC' for short. By invoking MAGIC our wives can make the rubbish go out, the car wash itself, the toilet empty itself, the car fridge fill with her favourite wine and so on.
    Associated with this is the Woman Heard At Time effect - or 'WHAT' for short. This effect is typically demonstrated by your wife saying "WHAT did you say?" during a discussion. We all know, of course, that by believing that you said something, our wife makes the actual utterance real, whatever might actually have been said prior to the WHAT effect being invoked.

So, @rogerazz , your green tag didn't light up for the obvious reason that your wife hadn't observed your 'on' state and in failing to observe your 'on' state, you defaulted to your 'off' state.

17. ian.c

ian.c Well-Known Member

And that's why I'm not married, I rest my case.:oops:

oldlux likes this.
  18. oldlux

oldlux Well-Known Member

And where does that leave me? I don't got a wife anymore.
    Dunno that I miss the "WHAT" effect that much anyways.

19. rogerazz

Thanks for your go over the crap hellava answer ----or "GOTCHA"for short.:D.
    I will sit and digest your comments tonight as my Missus reckons I deserve a roast, lamb that is. However I did go out and buy two bottles of red to go with the lamb, and I believe this may help me further to decipher your comments. If I find that it is insufficient stimulant, I have bought a bottle of Jimmy for my S.I.L's birthday tomorrow and am sure if necessary, he would be happy with a tie which I do not use anymore because I am retired.

20. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Got one small enough for the car fridge? :D:eek:o_O

rogerazz likes this.