What was this bloke thinking ?

smitty_r51

maybe he usually drives on the right, there seemed to be no effort to get the car back onto the left side of the road

hope the poor sods in the 4x4 walked away!

Bomber2012

maybe he usually drives on the right, there seemed to be no effort to get the car back onto the left side of the road

hope the poor sods in the 4x4 walked away!
Maybe so , seemed as if he had plenty of time to get back into the left lane ?
It’s scary to think there are people who drive like that .

Triton14

I watch quite a few of those das cam owners of Australia vids hoping it will keep my mind on the fact that everyone on the road is out to get me which is an unfortunate stance to take but for the most part true!

cam04

Maybe so , seemed as if he had plenty of time to get back into the left lane ?
It’s scary to think there are people who drive like that .
We share the road with them. Different people react differently when the adrenaline hits - some fail to act at all, decent pilots will drive that sucker to impact and beyond.

typhoeus

Looks like the overtaking car thought he couldnt get back in time, so decided to swerve off to the right, and the 4x4 also tried to swerve off to the side thinking the car will pull back in to the proper lane. Once the brakes started locking up it was inevitable.

boobook

It looks like a couple of poor judgement calls on the back of fatigue to me. It was all over the second he decided to overtake on double lines into a corner. He assumed the road was straight.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Notice another road heading straight on instead of the road going left around the bend.
After passing the car he came to the bend and saw the fourby coming . I Reckon he then decided to take a straight run at the road going to the right to try and miss the head on. The other bloke did not read that so instead of staying or moving further right he headed/kept left.:eek:.

mikehzz

If the 4wd veered right there's a chance he would have hit the car being overtaken. A dickhead overtook me a few weeks ago with a motor bike coming the other way. I went off the road to the left and the bike went off the road to his left and that dickhead went up the middle with the whole road to himself. It makes no sense, some people are just nutty.

Komang

Loosing couple second or minute in your life doesnt cost anything
Just crawl I will see you in next set of light :)

Rusty Panels

Obviously a total moron. This is the sort of crap that causes innocent people to die. If he survived, and Murphy's law say's that everyone else died except for him then, I hope they threw more at him than 100 hours community service work.

Rusty Panels

While I am slightly influenced by the effects of beer o'clock I would like to mention how piss poor the laws are on not only these idiots but also the creatures that deliberately set out to prey on anyone who is vulnerable.
Knock an old lady senseless and steal her handbag. You are hereby sentenced to 50 hours of community service. Grab my daughter on the arse and breathe down her neck. Here you go 60 hours community service and 12 months good behaviour.
For goodness sakes! Where are we headed??? Whatever happened to proper punishment and sentencing.
If I was allowed to have my own courthouse these pricks would be properly dealt with and the taxpayers and community would be way better off.
I would make certain that the first time you got caught would be the last time you got caught.

Colly18

The 4X4 driver appears to be in the wrong as well (?) = didn't have a clear enough view to make sure the road was clear to pull out. Be patient, please people be patient!

Komang

While I am slightly influenced by the effects of beer o'clock I would like to mention how piss poor the laws are on not only these idiots but also the creatures that deliberately set out to prey on anyone who is vulnerable.
Knock an old lady senseless and steal her handbag. You are hereby sentenced to 50 hours of community service. Grab my daughter on the arse and breathe down her neck. Here you go 60 hours community service and 12 months good behaviour.
For goodness sakes! Where are we headed??? Whatever happened to proper punishment and sentencing.
If I was allowed to have my own courthouse these pricks would be properly dealt with and the taxpayers and community would be way better off.
I would make certain that the first time you got caught would be the last time you got caught.
We have more law than other country but non of them have a jaw strong enough to snap
That jaw just for chewing.
My friend just get break-in early morning this week while he going ready to work
Let the dog out do his morning walk and forget to lock front door after. Two guys came in while hes had breakfast grab big knife and ask the guys out ....
What do you think what happened to those guys in other country !!! I wonder

Triton14

Not knowing this case specifically there are also a lot of people driving here on international licences or resident transfers(like taxi drivers) who don't drive to our standards & also there are to many cocky Aussie gung how drivers who think they own the road & hold special privileges, then without sounding racing totally shithouse Asian drivers who can't even reverse park or turn their neck to check before changing lanes, I see it every day.

Expect the unexpected every second on the road.

Last edited:

smitty_r51

Yup dashcam is the first thing I fit to any car I buy... Front and rear
Not knowing this case specifically there are also a lot of people driving here on international licences or resident transfers(like taxi drivers) who don't drive to our standards & also there are to many cocky Aussie gung how drivers who think they own the road & hold special privileges, then without sounding racing totally shithouse Asian drivers who can't even reverse park or turn their neck to check before changing lanes, I see it every day.

Expect the unexpected every second on the road.

2luxes

Whatever happened to proper punishment and sentencing.

Unfortunately it does not work that way. Courts are working with a fixed number of cells. The number of cases before them each year far exceeds the number of cells available to them. Gaols are always full. The number of prisoners going in each day state wide always closely matches the number being released.

When a new gaol opens, the courts suddenly find a lot more people to put in. Six months or so later when it is full, they suddenly run out of extra offenders and the system reverts to matching what goes in with what goes out.

The whole system is a giant mathematical balancing exercise that has to keep within the Government's annual budget. It can't be open ended with judges doing whatever they want.

mikehzz

Unfortunately it does not work that way. Courts are working with a fixed number of cells. The number of cases before them each year far exceeds the number of cells available to them. Gaols are always full. The number of prisoners going in each day state wide always closely matches the number being released.

When a new gaol opens, the courts suddenly find a lot more people to put in. Six months or so later when it is full, they suddenly run out of extra offenders and the system reverts to matching what goes in with what goes out.

The whole system is a giant mathematical balancing exercise that has to keep within the Government's annual budget. It can't be open ended with judges doing whatever they want.
Field of Dreams....."Build it and they will come." Not quite what they had in mind. :)

Bigfish1

Exactly...thats why we need hanging or firing squad.. Murder is an instant trip for you sponsored by Winchester or Polyrope.

typhoeus

Exactly...thats why we need hanging or firing squad.. Murder is an instant trip for you sponsored by Winchester or Polyrope.
Unfortunately the law doesnt always get it right, you gotta be 100% sure you have the right offender, and with the death penalty, no one will plead guilty