What to do first?

Grainger7

Hey guys, 17 and looking to set up my first 4x4. I have a Holden Colorado with a single hoop bull bar and BFGoodrich tyres, otherwise a clean slate. I don’t know what to do first, radio will be a must and suspension upgrade but what else I’m not sure.

i just want a setup for weekend 4x4 trips and going away on holidays, I’m more than happy to chuck the swag in that back and head off but at the moment I need some pointers, anything helps.

discomatt

Learn how to drive it, it already has good tires, save your $$ until you can work out what it needs, suspension is the last thing to do onceyou work out the weight of the finish car

Colly18

Learn how to drive it, it already has good tires, save your $$ until you can work out what it needs, suspension is the last thing to do onceyou work out the weight of the finish car
X2. If it doesn't have a canopy and you really don't need the tub open, in terms of setting up the vehicle for camping and holidays I suggest a canopy as a good place to start. That way you can carry more gear (if required) and keep stuff out of the weather and under lock and key when required.

Triton14

2002GU3

Welcome to earth mate, to start with get an air compressor and tyre inflater/deflater, (these will be the two things you'll use most) -- and depending where you want to take it - snorkel, winch, recovery tracks and maybe a dual battery set up for fridge/lights while camping, also get recovery gear like snatch strap, tree trunk protector, winch dampener, hitch receiver and if you want drawers in the tub, do all that first then as Matt said go for suspension upgrade last..........and probably the most important thing is to ask questions and learn from the experience of others on here, it may save you a lot of grief and expense down the track ............