What to buy ? Name a brand !

rum honey

This may have already be done but I will be heading new tyres soon and need everyones expert opinion , or lets say poet a poll . So put your vav brand up and why . ie Good in mud , good in sand , great millage etc . Will take all your advice into consid and put my money on the bet . By the way do you recon get rid of the factory rims and go alloy . Any good brands ? Cheers .

cptmud

How much money do you want to spend, Do you want an all round tyre, dedicated off road tyre, Mud terrain or all terrain tyre. What size are you after.

lookn4dirt

Hey Rum honey I've just started a Poll on tyre's, let's see how it unfold's.
I'm loving my Micky thompson FC II 33"x12.5" awesome on every terrain.

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
It's been said before, but keep your steel rims for the rough stuff. stronger, repairable, no tears over a scratched alloy! Check out the index. It's got everything you need to know.

rum honey

Thanks !

It's been said before, but keep your steel rims for the rough stuff. stronger, repairable, no tears over a scratched alloy! Check out the index. It's got everything you need to know.

Didn't even think of the recycle rims being weaker . Dumb **** I am . Thanks for the help . saved me money !

Last edited by a moderator:

mudrunna

Goodyear MTRs ,

Have had 4 sets with too of my 4wds, one was a ifs 4runner with 35"s.. 4years everyday driver and off road... now on my GQ patrol. 35's, so far 2years everyday driver.. great all terains,

LowLux

Just fitted a set of G'Year MTR's as well and they look and handle great so far. My first set so will have to wait and see what wear is like.

thetroll

just fitted mickey thompson baja mtz 33s a little noisy on road but awsome off road the traction from these tyres is unbalievable as for how much mileage ill get we will have to see as it is a daily driver ill keep you all posted.

rum honey

just fitted mickey thompson baja mtz 33s a little noisy on road but awsome off road the traction from these tyres is unbalievable as for how much mileage ill get we will have to see as it is a daily driver ill keep you all posted.
So whats your millage on tar as to 4wding ?

rum honey

You would have to say 50-50 . What to go up a size in hight because I think when you let them down you lose it ! So what about the old desert derller ?