What size and brand of fridge

smitty_r51

I have one. Had it two years, including 3 months where i lived out of it

Only issue was the cable had a loose wire... Mainly caused by me shutting the door on it... The problem was there are no spares, nether bcf or companion could help.

Ended up cutting the wire and hard wiring it just because i couldn't pick a spare up.

But the fridge is fine and holds food for the family for a week

Aaron Schubert

Hi mate
They do have a seconds page, although some sales beat it and there brand spankers

http://www.evakool.com/factory-seconds

Just found the link, but it looks like they sold out. My brother picked up a 55L for $900 including the 240v adaptor delivered to his door. The new ones have digital control, and are set to a specific temperature; even better than the model I got. That, and they aren't bright yellow anymore!

Aaron

ULost2

bit of a hijack but still about fridges: I just got myself a 21lt engel for $300 advertised in the local FB buy sell swap page. Although I haven't really missed it, I cannot see my little 30 year old engel returning anytime soon from WA so this seems the right way to go. I will always get my $$ back if I decide I don't need it.
There have been a number of fridges of different sizes come up on FB; could be worth watching in your area

Chatty

Totally agree, me and the Mrs camp regularly and my 40 litre Engel is not big enough. Love it, but i'll be upgrading to something much bigger.
The contents will always expand to fill the available space - trust me, I know!

axle82

4wd super center have waeco 65l cfx for $1100 at the moment which is a pretty good price

hiluxdriver

4wd super center have waeco 65l cfx for $1100 at the moment which is a pretty good price
Cheaper than when I bought my Waeco CFX50 a couple of years ago, and it's the best fridge because it wins all the comparisons :p

Last edited: