What rim width-size is best for 31x10.5r15

emmanuelbyrd18

I am going to run 31x10.5r15 mt on an rodeo
I was wondering what size of rim width would be best the 15x6 15x7 or 15x8 and what offset would be the best

Batts88

15 x 7 use to be the most common size. What size tyre did the vehicle come with as standard ?

Batts88

Ok so have you checked there's not much difference the new tyres will be approx 20mm wider and approx 13mm taller so around 6mm more ground clearance. Will the smaller rims fit over the brakes, will the spare wheel still fit in place. Is there a big price difference to warrent such a small change in size what are you hoping to gain just wondering.

You might find 265x70x16 may fit your current rims.

Last edited:

cam04

Ok so have you checked there's not much difference the new tyres will be approx 20mm wider and approx 13mm taller so around 6mm more ground clearance. Will the smaller rims fit over the brakes, will the spare wheel still fit in place. Is there a big price difference to warrent such a small change in size what are you hoping to gain just wondering.

You might find 265x70x16 may fit your current rims.
Or 245/75 r 16

31 10.5 is old old school floatation fitment They offer nothing over the 16’s mentioned above and probably won’t get to the necessary load rating for a rodeo. There was maybe 2 brands (BFG Ko’s) made it to the 110 rating needed on my hilux 20 years ago when they were a common fitting.