what projects u did/are doing during the social isolation

Hoyks

I got one of these:

d8b978a4-5a25-4d08-934f-33cba90211bc.jpg

The paint is pretty thick out of the tin, so I thinned it down a bit for the gravity feed gun and it was way to thin for the airless. It worked best if you just stir the paint and dump the lot in the top.
Spray pattern is a fan and it worked pretty well, once I adjusted my technique. The jet is fixed though, if you want to do stain or other paints, then you need to change the jet.

billyj

doing my best to get rid of the blackberrys growing in my garden and front yard and probly thin out the rabbit population that keep digging up my yard

Neddysmith

Gonna be rewiring the spotties as it appears i have short as they keep blowing the fuse, sometimes they last 5mins sometimes 2hrs, so gonna track that down and get that all fixed up.

Also taking the opportunity to install a winch and snorkel i have had sitting around trying to find the time, so providing i have enough cold beverages to get me through should be all good to go.

hiluxdriver

I'm not in "isolation", I have forced reduced hours so I'm tidying up the camper trailer.
Straighten bent axle - removed and currently at the shop.
Repair leak in water tank - removed and currently at the shop
Replace tail lights - done
Replace leaky water pump - wip
Fix internal power - wip
Fix internal lights - wip
Supply and fit tow pro elite to ute - wip
Was also going to replace trailer brakes but not sure I want to spend that money. It's not urgent so can wait until the shamozzle is over

Grippy

Was gonna grab some paint and other stuff to spruce up the front of the house, bloke at work said Bunnings was a nightmare on the weekend, massive line and only letting a few people in at a time. Bird at work said same thing happened at Aldi, she wasn't far back in the line but the wanker letting people in kept letting old people in first, 45 min wait when she was 15 people back. The oldies already have a few dedicated oldie hours ffs. Everythings a little messed up. Mother in law is grabbing us some loo paper hopefully, snagged some 2 ply serviettes in the meantime
Will have to make a dash to the local steel mart to grab some sheet to make some skid plates before they get closed.

silkwood

Was going to replant the veggie patch, but all of the seedlings AND seeds are gone! What are people thinking, they plant this week and next they have vegetables? I'm guessing a majority won't have grown veggies previously, they'll be lucky to get to the picking stage!

Cheers,
Mark

dno67

Was going to replant the veggie patch, but all of the seedlings AND seeds are gone! What are people thinking, they plant this week and next they have vegetables? I'm guessing a majority won't have grown veggies previously, they'll be lucky to get to the picking stage!

Cheers,
Mark
They probably have very little idea, but its a good interest for young kids.

shanegtr

Well, I got the kids home from school so most of the school days will be spent making sure they are doing their work. But apart from that I got plently of little jobs around the house and theres always maintenance work to be done on the disco.

tommyb

9D96A8E4-52C7-4883-8D91-934720A46F4E.jpeg Finally found the time to strip the challenger after sinking her in a mud hole and learning that challengers are terribly sealed with plenty of holes for water to enter Coming up a treat though! Also redoing the wiring on the aux battery as it was a bit of a crows nest in there!

Albynsw

I got a couple of piles ready for a match here too, just waiting for it to dry out a bit been copping a fair bit of rain and still more to come

dno67

I got a couple of piles ready for a match here too, just waiting for it to dry out a bit been copping a fair bit of rain and still more to come
I fired that one about 8.00pm last night, as they forecast rain around midnight. Been back there this morning, trying to finish it up before work tomorrow.

typhoeus

Cheers,
Mark
Don't you save seeds from last year's crop? I haven't bought seeds for years. I got broad beans in, coriander, parsley, zuchini, turnips, spinach, beetroot, cress, heap of other herbs etc. Towards the end of the season, i leave a few to go to seed, dry them to use next year