What music do you listen to?

barcher

Jethro Tull started in 1967. Released a new album this year, The Zeatot Gene. 55 years on and still sounds very Jethro Tull ish. Ian Anderson doesn't have the punch he had. That's probably because he's on prescription drugs now.

LongRoad2Go

So many great guitarists to choose from depending on the genre and use of electric or acoustic.

Imogen Heap has some good tunes - really like Alternative and Progressive Rock, World. Music is good too - oh dear, Triple M and it's endless spools of tapes from the 1980's hits = time to move on Austereo and break the heart of Tradies across the continent ... or play more of the lesser known numbers by Led Z/Pink F/King Crimson, etc.

LongRoad2Go

Not really a 'What Music Are You Listening To' thing, but appreciation of what The Beatles achieved. For instance, a major takeaway from the video is, when they broke up in 1970, none had yet turned 30 years old!

No computer aided crap like 'Auto-Tune' or synthesises - all natural and creative sound manipulations using tracking and professional artists i.e. real strings, percussion, woodwind, and brass instruments, though some electric piano/organ work.

In their embrace of Hindu/Buddhist principles, a pertinent question for today's Woke Generations: what have or will you achieve by that age and will it benefit humanity? And, it's enough to simply be the best person you can be.

The second link discussed how 'old music' is outselling new music on platforms like Spotify - if you're familiar with the recent Joe Rogan debacle and people like Neil Young, CSNY, Joni Mitchell, etc leaving Spotify due to Rogan's big-mouth nonsense, it could really damage Spotify's bottom-line - OLD DUDES STILL RULE!

Last edited:

peterfermtech

Every song of The Beatles he mentions is "the greatest ever". Hard to criticise him for it.
We had some English neighbours that had their relatives in England would send first day releases over. So we got to listen to their music about 6 weeks after the English release.

cam04

So many great guitarists to choose from depending on the genre and use of electric or acoustic.

Imogen Heap has some good tunes - really like Alternative and Progressive Rock, World. Music is good too - oh dear, Triple M and it's endless spools of tapes from the 1980's hits = time to move on Austereo and break the heart of Tradies across the continent ... or play more of the lesser known numbers by Led Z/Pink F/King Crimson, etc.
If you get Dab radio, MMM classic rock has recently had a programme change up. Alice cooper is on at nights playing all sorts, every lunch a classic album is played cover to cover. No dickhead DJ’s, not many adds. I’m a fan of Beck, his stuff with Beth Hart is great. Greatest living guitarist? I’ll go with favourite, as greatest is so subjective. Lifeson’s work makes me smile.

Last edited:

Albynsw

If you get Dab radio, MMM classic rock has recently had a programme change up. Alice cooper is on at nights playing all sorts, every lunch a classic album is played cover to cover. No dickhead DJ’s, not many adds. I’m a fan of Beck, his stuff with Beth Hart is great. Greatest living guitarist? I’ll go with favourite, as greatest is so subjective. Lifeson’s work makes me smile.

I haven’t listened to radio in about 8 years because I can’t stand the Dj’s talking dribble but will give that a go.