What music do you listen to?

Colly18

A trip down memory lane!
Well here I am 'thumbing' through Youtube as I'm looking to fill a few holes in my reasonably diverse and comprehensive music collection (several thousand tunes). I'm missing plenty, but figure next I'll be adding some Talking Heads, Eurythmics and George Michael. Anyway I stumbled across this, and, even though it is probably in this thread somewhere, thought I'd post it as a reminder of how old some of us getting! :) Pretty good stuff though!? (Would have been heaps better in denim and a decent video, rather than those suits; but that's history!)

typhoeus

I pretty much listen to everything under the sun, with a few exceptions:

I hate Disco, R&B/HipHop and Country. But even in those genres there are exceptions.

That means that everything, from klezmer and black metal to tibetan throat singing, dark ambient and traditional Hawaiian, is fair game.
If you look back a bit, there is mongolian throat singing posted in this thread, among many varied other things

cam04

I’m old enough to like a bit of most things. This afternoon’s random songs from my iTunes playlist to help cooking spaghetti bolognaise and having a bottle of pepper jack shiraz - cooking wine of course. I lost a heap (85gig) of my private mp3 music from iTunes a few years back when they went back to just music you’d bought from them. Bastards! Took days of downloading CD’s.
94914933-C2C6-4DEE-B6DF-C6ADC5F24F54.jpeg

John U

iTunes a few years back when they went back to just music you’d bought from them. Bastards! Took days of downloading CD’s.
That’s what happened to all that old music! Same. Day’s worth of effort. Still got them on the old iPod.

My most recent purchases below.

Attachments

• B8C50701-F4A6-46E8-8045-9B369F6227DC.png
    B8C50701-F4A6-46E8-8045-9B369F6227DC.png
    390.1 KB · Views: 37

peterfermtech

Well over a thousand CDs all ripped to flac for home play and DAPs and mp3 for the car (only takes 32GB) I started doing it after I had a fair bit of my CD collection was stolen out of my car so most of my collection have only been out of the box once.