What music do you listen to?

ian.c

Just cranking a bit of ben harper and the innocent criminals down at the shed, passionate talented dude, cares about stuff, he's an artist who sings in english not blibberish because he has a story he wants to tell, Awesome tunes.I cant stand so called artists that hide their inability to write decent lyricks and something that rhymes with slurred singing and music that sounds worse than mud tyres on concrete at 160 ks an hour, if its not good when Its written throw it in the bin and keep tryin, lyricks, rythym, beat, groove, light and shade, sound quality, passion and charisma are all needed for me to like, but thats just my opinion:D

ian.c

Got some good John Butler albums including a live one which is awesome, he's one of those few artists that sound just as good or better live than they do on their studio albums.

poverty rider

Just cranking a bit of ben harper and the innocent criminals down at the shed, passionate talented dude, cares about stuff, he's an artist who sings in english not blibberish because he has a story he wants to tell, Awesome tunes.I cant stand so called artists that hide their inability to write decent lyricks and something that rhymes with slurred singing and music that sounds worse than mud tyres on concrete at 160 ks an hour, if its not good when Its written throw it in the bin and keep tryin, lyricks, rythym, beat, groove, light and shade, sound quality, passion and charisma are all needed for me to like, but thats just my opinion:D
There's nothing wrong with your opinion but do spare a thought for music/songs that are just fun songs

ian.c

A classic that one, think I heard that one before I was born, I do actually like heaps of different music, from some of the thrash guitar shredding heavy metal all the way through to classic slim dusty even some some of the music the kids listen to is starting to rub off on me.

greysrigging

Me too ian.c....USB on random and after 12 hours with fatigue setting in, crank up the volume. One of the advantages living in construction camps is that every man and his dog has portable hard drives full of movies and music. I copied a mates music of 250 GB ( 88,000 songs ) from '50's through to recent stuff with every genre except classical....fantastic resource for making up a USB stick for a trip.

peterfermtech

I have about 1200 CD,s (I actually bought them - you can't expect someone to sing for you if you don't pay them). Everything from classic through to heavy metal. No hip-hop or dance crap though. They are all ripped to flac although I had to convert them to mp3 to play in the car. Just picked up some more this morning which I am ripping now. (Something for Kate, Courtney Barnett, Go-Betweens, Katie Noonan, Ellie Goulding, Alt-J)
All the music at home is streamed via network and I have amps in the lounge, shed and bedroom with headphone amps in the bedroom and lounge. I also have 3 DAP's for when away. I prefer to listen to music by albums so that is how they are set up to play. In the car it just ticks through the albums until I feel in the mood to change. Don't watch music videos - not interested in watching someone make a dick-head of themselves.

regards

tadpole

Heavy metal, hard rock, some acoustic rock, and a bit of punk rock at times. I can't stand modern pop music and dance/electronica. I like guitars, bass, drums and someone who sings with their REAL voice. Metallica, Pantera, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Karnivool, Birds of Tokyo, Trivium, Pennywise to name a few