Votes: 18 16.5%
  • All 4 Adventure

Votes: 57 52.3%
  • Your 4x4

Votes: 10 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wainy

Pat - As per LowLux he features do-able trips. He is also more about the journey and destination than how much lift and how many lockers your rig has to have. And he did one episode to the Vic High Country in a Kia just to prove you don't need a Nisota PatrolBruiser!

nao

pat for me but as many have said, very 'sponsored' but it does show some good places to visit and I'm more a tourer than a serious off roader and the photography is pretty good.
4wd action is similar but focuses on more serious stuff and is getting a bit mundane and the quality of fwd tv hasn't quite got there yet..

prawns

The last 4wdtv I watched I fast forwarded the "advertisements" which I also include as nearly all the advice it gives, as the advice generally goes like

"You want a chip which is high quality (sounds ok) and it must have a adjustment (sofar so good) "and it must have DPchip written on it" (blown it along with any credibility - they dont quite say 'it must have dpchip written on it" but the advice is so "exact" that DPchip/Mickey Thompsons/brands of spotlights etc are the only ones that qualify if you follow their advice to the letter quite alot of the time)

That just completely blows it for me, and unfortunately Pat is the same these days but at least the show isnt so absolutely chockers with bad advice I guess, you actually get to see some great places still (bad advice being advice given purely to drive sales for XXX brand as they are paying you)

In the end I think I got to watch about 5minutes of actual 4wdtv show - which was the "viewers rig" and "Ask Allan"

I quite like the Ask Allan segments - he doesnt seem to try and use thinly veiled advertising where they must think all the viewers are idiots and wont notice lol.

While he does use certain brands of products, he doesnt try and "sell them on the sly" - IMO thats a much better advertisment for a product - The fact he just uses them and doesnt try and be misleading. He is more likely just to say "get a quality product like this one" and not try to nail viewers to the wall on a certain features/manufacturing locations which obviously only one brand would qualify for

My vote - Give the 4wdTV show to "Ask Allan" - Let him and his nephew have the whole deal :D I would probably watch every minute of that show again with him and his nephew trying to help people first - products come 2nd, and not the other way around

Nothing against the other hosts - they seem like nice blokes - but when nobody can trust any of your advice anymore - why give it? Credibility irrecoverably blown long ago when you sold your soul to the advertising execs

Maybe they will read this and give Allan and his nephew their own show with trips out in his old beast along with mechanical advice and tips on the side - That would be cool IMO and I would start me watching the show again :)

I do like the 4wd action DVDs quite alot - but thats not a tv show I guess as its not aired on tv and is DVD only (at least the advertisements in that are pretty obviously advertisements - and not advertisements trying to masquerade as honest advice which is bloody poor form)

Phew - well thats off my chest :D

Toddyh

I only know of 4wd action which I like, and 4WDTV.

Where can I see the others??

Pat is usually on in Sydney on Saturday or Sundays around midday or 1pm on Channel 10.

All 4 Adventure is on 7two on Saturday at 3 or 3:30pm. Last week was a double though so went from 3-5pm.

pbk1776

4wdTV as I can watch this on TVS and 74 -
not really a fan of Pat Callina and not sure with the TV schedule of the others
I read and watch a lot of 4WDA

hiluxdriver

All 4 Adventure for me. The guys don't bombard you with basic safety precautions and instructions for recoveries (which they do a few of). They hand shit on each other when they do get stuck, just like you and I would do. They chase crocs - lets see Pat do that with his immaculate RM Williams gear on!
Pat is a douche and a bit of a nancy in my opinion.

mac_man_luke

Really getting into All 4 adventure lately.

Don't mind some of the your4x4 shows but it can drag on a little bit.

Toddyh

All 4 Adventure for me. The guys don't bombard you with basic safety precautions and instructions for recoveries (which they do a few of). They hand shit on each other when they do get stuck, just like you and I would do. They chase crocs - lets see Pat do that with his immaculate RM Williams gear on!
Pat is a douche and a bit of a nancy in my opinion.

Haha I won't word it that strongly but the sentiment is the same. Pat is a little too basic for me. He tried to simplify everything a little too much and make it all seem safe (e.g. trying to do a snatch recovery at <10km/h).

The All 4 Adventure guys use their 4wds to access areas you couldn't without one and to get to fishing spots. That's what it's all about for me. I think the main presenter is not exactly a wordsmith but he comes across as an honest bloke, so gets my respect there.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
4wdAdventure Australia. Aurora TV Foxtel Vic. 8.30 p.m. Monday. Just watched it. Carlisle I think his name is ,sounds American with some Aussie blokes just did Frenchman's Track.

hiluxdriver

4wdAdventure Australia. Aurora TV Foxtel Vic. 8.30 p.m. Monday. Just watched it. Carlisle I think his name is ,sounds American with some Aussie blokes just did Frenchman's Track.

I know that one Roger. Personally, I can't stand the guy any more than Pat. He also is the main contributer for the ARB magazines they have on their counters. He blends amazing landscape photography with ridiculoulsy descriptive acticles using words I need to to google the meaning of. His bald mate with the beard is just there to ask the dumb questions I think as he doesn't contribute much.

Just my opinion though, I'm not telling anyone else its the right one and their's is wrong.

:D :D

Last edited:

Cavsarge

Pat as the missus and kids like it due to the family focus which translates to more time me watching 4wd type shows, for me the All 4 Adventure for the fishing/off-roading combo.

460cixy

Not a huge fan of any of them but I do watch em when there on. Pat is just that bit soft and a little too family orientated. More like watching getaway or somthing like that. The only 4wd tv we get here is pro tips just a big ad but I do like some of the over seas stuff that slips in sometimes. All for adventure is a bit over the top and carry on a bit like tools but go to some great places and its allways good to see them break un breakable tojos.

somthing in the middle would be great

Paul Patrol

The Bush Ticker Man & The Layland Brothers were my favs. Of the current crop, Pats pics & vids are stunning to look at but he's about as entertaining as a fart sniffing contest. 4WD TV is a bit bogany (I think I just made up a new word lol) & the other shows, I haven't seen.

4WD Action, I wont watch anymore as they've sold their soul to the ad man & getting a bit preachy.

julianvreug

In order

Pat - As hes realistic and tells you how not to and how to drive, or (how not to break your 4x4 so you can get home and drive to work the next day) good tips and down to earth. Top quality video and very professional.
All 4 Adventure - Lots of action, bit of everything, bit of a laugh and sometimes a cringe.
Top of down under - Good to see the Galls in 4wding. Go to some good places.
4WD TV series - keeps you updated on whats going on, but where i am video quality is woffal and commentary is a bit monotone, good tips and good tips for beginners. And i dont mind a bit of overseas 4wd action, interesting to see how other country's do it. He works hard to advertise events and decent ausi products.

The BCF / ARB show based in QLD is pretty good too, bit of fishing a bit of 4wding.

brumbypt

Banned
any of them, but we are limited to what we get here in the country..

I loved (even when I was a kid 30 odd years ago) jack abs.... Malcolm douglas, albi mangles, then came shows like Troy dann, etc etc.
troy and keeping up with the johnses? are good for watching for the scenery in the back ground.

I don't mind watching any of them as long as I am learning something about 4wding, which isn't much more to learn that I can use..

as Steve said, out the windscreen is best.

lately I have liked a few american shows like trucks and extreme 4x4, they dont show you how to do 4wding but more into how to build one up yourself. well way more extreme trucks than I have or can afford but they are good shows to watch to learn little tricks for when I am in the workshop.

Creek to coast when they have a 4wding section is mainly selling max tracks, which just pisses me off cos I could have used a set or 2 when I was stuck for 3 days up north. they would have gotten me out in about 15 minutes...

grrrrr..

ohh well

Peter,
iPad with IOS 7.0.4 using Tapatalk HD