What have you seen?

Rusty Panels

I lived in a very quiet rural area in the Southern Tablelands of NSW for 22 years from 1995 to 2017.

Our home was a tidy 3 bedroom bungalow on 25 acres of pretty bushland. Approximately 5 acres around the house was cleared and we were situated in a bit of a gully with a high ridge behind and in front of the house. The house faced north and the front had a full length verandah which allowed a great view to the tree lined hillside to the north. The northern boundary lay about 250 metres to the north of the house just beyond the top of the tree lined ridge. The Southern boundary at the rear of the house was a couple of hundred metres to the South. The roadway was on the Eastern end of the house about 200 metres and the rear boundary was about 550 metres on the Western end of the house. So, in other words the house ran lengthways on the block and did not face the road.

My wife was working part time at the roadhouse in town about 17 kilometres away. It was the Sunday night of the October long weekend 2002. I was at home looking after the kids who were well and truly asleep. It was just before 10pm and I was on the lounge (100% Sober). I was actually playing the Playstation while I waited for the Missus to knock off work. Our lounge room faced North and had large full length glass windows and sliding doors that lead onto the front verandah. Directly behind me was another set of windows with glass sliding doors that lead from the dining room to the back patio. I had the heavy curtains pulled closed but there was always a slight gap where they met.

I was concentrating on the TV when my attention was drawn to a strange light that I could see through the gap in the curtains. I stopped what I was doing and concentrated on the strange light. It was an unusual colour not red, not pink it was a purplish violet colour. I looked over my shoulder toward the dining room doors which opened onto the back Southern side as I thought it was someone reversing up toward the back patio. There was nothing there. I got up and walked to the glass doors and opened the curtains. The light was hovering above the trees on top of the ridge at my Northern boundary. I walked out onto the verandah and watched the light for a while, it was perfectly still and did not flicker or change in colour. I could actually see the light reflecting onto the treetops and leaves. All of a sudden the light changed it's intensity like it had changed to high beam. At this point the pinkish violet light was lighting up the whole paddock and trees. It wasn't blinding it was just lighting the entire area, I could see all around the light and swear that there was nothing more to it other then the light itself. I would estimate that it was around a metre in height and probably a little less in width it was oval in shape. The strangest thing was that it didn't move at all. It was dead still and there was absolutely no noise whatsoever. It changed back to its original intensity a few seconds later and then started to move Eastward. It glided silently and appeared to keep the exact distance above the trees the whole time. When it reached the end of the tree line it changed direction and headed North East. I lost sight of it shortly after.

I was absolutely dumfounded by the whole incident and walked outside staring into the sky. My wife arrived home shortly afterwards.

I rang a UFO hotline that was listed in the phonebook. It is a recorded message and asks you to leave your name, address and phone number so they can put someone in touch from close to your area.

I was contacted the following night by one of these X-File blokes who asked me a series of questions aimed at eliminating false reports.

We went through all the possibles like weather balloons, weather phenomena, helicopters, flares, aircraft etc. We were able to eliminate every possible thing he thought of. There was absolutely not a sound coming from this thing that was no more than 300 metres away. It was a perfectly clear night with no wind whatsoever. I could rule out helicopters etc as I could hear them from 20 kms away at my location. It didn't flicker or change like a flare.

The UFO guy said how would you describe how it flew. I said it appeared to be pre programmed to keep a certain distance from objects. It moved smoothly and silently.

The following day I quizzed the neighbours about the previous night. The only reaction I got was from a bloke a kilometre up the road who said that something spooked his horses around that time.

The following week my boys told me that a boy from a farm to the North of us spoke of a strange light his mum had seen on the weekend. As I knew where the boy lived I thought I'd pay them a visit. They have a goat farm that is about 5 kilometres to the North of our place. I asked her what she had seen and she said that it was around 10pm and she was tending to a sick goat in her shed with the farm hand when she asked him to fetch something from outside. He came back in and told her to come and have a look at the light. She went outside and spotted the same pinkish violet light describing the same actions that I had seen. She said it moved like nothing that she had seen before. She also added that there was no way it was a chopper as she could hear them from many k's away and this thing was closer and totally silent.

So, there you have it. I've finally shared what is the strangest thing I've ever seen so far.

Last edited:

Komang

Goverment agent already call them intrateresterial, they prob already here before human.
Never see samething like that but see few of shadow people

Chatty

For those that have been to O'Tooles for a gathering - both Trish and I have seen a number of "memories of the past" (I hesitate to use the word ghosts) around the campground. Trish is more sensitive to these things than me, but we both saw an old prospector type on the other side of the river, who was very, very defensive of his claim in the area - he wasn't happy we were there.
Trish saw a woman dressed in old style clothing walk across the campground towards the river, with a bucket, obviously going to get water - the woman even stopped and looked at Trish and smiled before continuing.

We have photos of a nurse bending over to tend to a patient in the hospital of the old Quarantine Station in Sydney - except no one else saw her. We had a number of other sightings around there, including someone hiding in the old Post office there.

Sticking with the UFO theme - many years ago in the Whitsundays we were returning on a boat to Shute Harbour after dark (this was in the days when the boats to the reef were pretty slow) and at the time we were steaming toward Hook Island. All of a sudden everyone on the boat saw a series of rotating lights (the obvious image that comes to mind is lights around the perimeter of a 'flying saucer') travel the length of the island in about 90 seconds or less - pretty fast movement. Again, no sound to suggest a helicopter (which were pretty rare back then in any case) - the lights hovered for a bit at the end of the island and then just disappeared.

stevemc181

The Missus and myself were camped on the banks of the Murchison River in WA a few years back and saw some pretty strange lights. We were sitting at camp around 7:00pm and could see way off in the distance what we assumed was vehicle head lights that looked like they were winding down a twisty mountain road.

Then they suddenly shot upwards and began moving erratically, like floating down and zig zagging from side to side. We then noticed several other lights doing the same thing, with two of them being directly above us, but a long way up. This went on for hours and the only way I can describe them is they looked like erratically moving stars. Sometimes stationary, sometimes moving very quickly in a jagged fashion.

We still have no idea what they were, but the missus was too scared to leave the tent that night!

On a different trip we were camped by a river just out of Boulia in QLD and saw a light hovering about 500 or so metres away. This light was doing some weird things like splitting into two and moving upwards about 10 metres, before dropping and reforming to one light. It also moved side to side very slowly. We suspect we had witnessed the famed Min Min lights and reported it to the local Min Min tourist centre the next day.
We tried filming both of these incidents but the lights were just too far away to be captured on an iPhone.

Some weird unexplained things out there for sure.

discomatt

There are two options, either there is intelligent life out there that refuses to let us know they exist because we are to stupid to deal with that OR we are it and the pinnacle of it all.
Which do you think is more frightening, the latter for me
I have seen a group of 3 lights in the shy when camping at Toc that moved in ways no human made or controlled craft can do.
In my mind there is no question on whether there is another form of life out there and yes I believe they have been here and yes I believe they have interacted with humans in the past

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
There are two options, either there is intelligent life out there that refuses to let us know they exist because we are to stupid to deal with that OR we are it and the pinnacle of it all.

Very similar to a very old quote, that can't quite be attributed to any particular person . . .

"Sometimes I think we’re alone in the Universe, and sometimes I think we’re not. In either case, the prospect is very frightening."

shanegtr

I've always wanted to see a UFO - but never have. Statistically there should be many planets out there like ours, even if its only one per universe that's a lot of life out there.

cam04

I had an incident in 1989 riding my motorbike on the tin can bay road when it used to be the quickest way to get to Gympie from Maryborough. Of course it was about 0200 am. I was “buzzed” by a lit up thing that was also silent and could change directions and speed seemingly at will at at many more G’s than an aircraft could pull. It mainly stayed behind me then pulled out right and shot down the valley next to me. It was vertical and thin, like the tail section of a plane, just without the plane. Anyway I haven’t spoken about it in 20 years because people think I’m nuts when I do. I feel I am in good company in this thread. People have mentioned the military base etc but this wasn’t like anything we humans have made and it didn’t need air pressure to ‘fly’.

Rusty Panels

After I saw the pinkish light that night I found myself drawn to the window for months afterwards. We were situated on the old Cobb and Co Coach road between Marulan and Taralga, so not far from the Burragorang Valley as the crow flies. The UFO guy reckoned there were stacks of sightings in and around that area. He said in his opinion I had seen some kind of remotely operated probe.
Another time in the mid 80's I was at a friends girlfriends house in Wollongong on New Years Eve. We were sitting in the backyard having a quiet night with a few drinks (no drugs, none of us were into that scene). We were just chatting and I was looking at the stars when I noticed what I thought was a satellite moving in one direction as they do. I then noticed a second satellite moving from a different direction toward the first, then a third coming from yet another direction moving toward the others. I indicated what I saw to my friends who all saw the same. The 3 satellites met up and stopped for what seemed like a few minutes then started to move back in the directions they had come from.
It was pretty obvious to us that they weren't satellites. I didn't know either that satellites all move in the same direction there's no such thing as satellites that travel in different directions.

Last edited:

Rusty Panels

It's all too much for our tiny little brains to take in. To think that when you look up it has to go on forever is way beyond my comprehension at least!
Anyone who thinks that we are the only life form anywhere, intelligent or otherwise can't be serious.

Can you imagine if an alien dropped down to earth, got out of his spaceship and said "Hi earthlings! There is no such thing as God, Allah, Buddha, Jehovah or any other holy being. All your religions are crap. What would happen to mankind after that little bombshell was dropped. I'd imagine there would be utter chaos. What! No God? No Allah? Mankind would self destruct. I reckon that's the main reason the world's Governments have always covered these things up.

mikehzz

It's all too much for our tiny little brains to take in. To think that when you look up it has to go on forever is way beyond my comprehension at least!
Anyone who thinks that we are the only life form anywhere, intelligent or otherwise can't be serious.

Can you imagine if an alien dropped down to earth, got out of his spaceship and said "Hi earthlings! There is no such thing as God, Allah, Buddha, Jehovah or any other holy being. All your religions are crap. What would happen to mankind after that little bombshell was dropped. I'd imagine there would be utter chaos. What! No God? No Allah? Mankind would self destruct. I reckon that's the main reason the world's Governments have always covered these things up.
Buddha was a dude, never claimed to be a God. Carry on. :)

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I don't understand what anyone is saying here. I have never seen anything like everyone has explained.
Just like everyone else however, I do see like a golden haze around people's body????
Someone told me that it is an aura.
But that is nothing really cause I assume everyone else sees them.