What freedoms to expect post fully vaccinated?

synchro1

I reckon best case scenario is being vaccinated and then catching covid and not suffering as much. Meanwhile, the covid infection would be better than any vaccine in providing longer immunity.
It would seem not - a Federal Minister (cant remember which one) caught Covid late last year. He got tested for antibodies a few months back and non were identified in his body - so Covid anti bodies would seem to not last long.

Hoyks

My life hasn't really changed much in the past 2 years. Being essential :rolleyes: I pretty much go to work and come home again and thats about it, if I was called by contact tracers it would be very boring for them.... work, IGA, Bunnings ... about it. My wife works from home, so sees even less of the world.

For 2017-2020 I was working interstate and only getting home every couple of months, so not being able to travel is mostly a bonus for me as it stops my bosses sending me interstate (again) to do courses I'm not really interested in or me having to trade in my nice workshop for a toolbox in a trailer for a couple of weeks.

Not being able to travel interstate when I want to is a bit of a pain, its my mothers birthday next week and I'd like to have gone to Forster for a long weekend, having to quarantine for 2 when coming back would be a bit inconvenient, expensive and I don't think my work would let me have the extra time off.

What extra freedoms would be good?
Guys I work with still have to travel overseas, so the option of home quarantine for vaccinated people would be nice.
Not having to mask up to get out of the car would be a bonus too.

In the future they will have to cut away the quarantine requirement for vaccinated people as it will become unworkable in the long term, especially if they want to have international travel again. No one will be traveling on holiday just so they can spend 2-4 weeks of the trip in quarantine, maybe longer if you don't arrive in the state you're actually aiming for.

cam04

It would seem not - a Federal Minister (cant remember which one) caught Covid late last year. He got tested for antibodies a few months back and non were identified in his body - so Covid anti bodies would seem to not last long.
Actually happens across a few diseases in a smallish percentage of people. My niece is a nurse, hep b antibodies disappear from her system. They get tested pretty regularly.

Colly18

There is a caveat on the following. I think (if the population can get vaccinated to a herd immunity level) eventually things will get get pretty close to "the old normal'; and, as some of us have suggested all along, Covid 19 will end up like the flu virus (mutations, annual/regular vaccines/boosters and some people end up dying). We had the Spanish Flu a century ago and now we have Covid-19. These things we can expect to become more regular, due to global overpopulation and ease of travel across the planet.
The caveat is - (as the experts suggest) If the population are too slow in getting vaccinated and, as a result, the virus mutates to a lethal form immune from the current range of vaccines; then we will be in a heap more trouble! (Hmm, that's an understatement!)
If one is talking about a Covid Passport, such as France has initiated and that got publicity last week re cafe/restaurant dining, I don't expect any particular freedoms post vaccination. It fits into a pool of ideas that may have been used to encourage residents to get vaccinated.....but IMO the moment has almost passed. A Covid Passport aimed at Australian/internal benefits is probably not worth the bureaucratic costs from an Australian perspective(?) Maybe it would be cheaper to just mandate vaccinations instead and wear the costs of any associated litigation? Of course, we'll probably require proof of vaccination for international travel over the next few years, until this mess is sorted; so there's one freedom! :)
There's a few of my random thoughts. :)

mikehzz

Vaccination certificates for a lot of diseases are pretty common for international travel, but a certificate for everyday local activities is next level interferrance that would require a lot of bureaucratic overhead. Normally international compliance is handled by trained customs officials and border force police that have official law enforcement at hand to back them up. A vaccine passport for local activities would have to be handled by all the local officials such as Macca's restaurant managers, theatre ticket sellers and ushers etc, it's an endless list of people who don't want that type of responsibility and who can't back it up with some readily at hand law enforcement. I think a vaccine passport for local activities would be unworkable for a lot of situations. There could be exceptions for some circumstances such as visiting or working at vulnerable facilities.

Albynsw

Vaccination certificates for a lot of diseases are pretty common for international travel, but a certificate for everyday local activities is next level interferrance that would require a lot of bureaucratic overhead. Normally international compliance is handled by trained customs officials and border force police that have official law enforcement at hand to back them up. A vaccine passport for local activities would have to be handled by all the local officials such as Macca's restaurant managers, theatre ticket sellers and ushers etc, it's an endless list of people who don't want that type of responsibility and who can't back it up with some readily at hand law enforcement. I think a vaccine passport for local activities would be unworkable for a lot of situations. There could be exceptions for some circumstances such as visiting or working at vulnerable facilities.
Maybe we could get a tattoo on our forehead to prove we have had the jab, we could use the numbers 666 as the reference, I am sure that will go down well :eek:
joking…….

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Look. Ok. Dare I say.
Will 4x4 earth..... Hang on..... Is it possible?... No hang on..... Should it be a requirement? No, hang on a minute....
Is there gunna be a requirement of our next State Annual Trip to have full vaccinations before you can join in???? :eek:.
There, I've said it.:p.
No, I won't ask for a vote thread yet, but hey, that might make you sit up and think.
Anyone like to comment while I have another sip of my Cab. Sav. ?????
200w.gif

Colly18

Maybe, (given the way we like to travel interstate,) our states mandating proof of vaccination for entry into the state is the way to get the Australian population substantially vaccinated? I note Qld Premier Palaszczuk announcing Qld now requiring (for the time being?) cross-border workers to have at least one Covid vaccination to enter the state in the SE corner.

Albynsw

Given that you can still contract and spread COVID after being vaccinated requiring a jab to cross the border doesn’t stop the read but hinders it substantially. I guess that is a balancing act aspect of trying to keep things moving but with some controls?
Plus an incentive to get jabbed

synchro1

the Qld Premier Palaszczuk announcing Qld now requiring (for the time being?) cross-border workers to have at least one Covid vaccination to enter the state in the SE corner.
But Qld along with the hermit kingdom in the west would be better getting their own vaccination rates up - currently WA is dead last and Qld not far behind.

The quote should be attributed to Colly 18 but the system has decided to attribute to Rogerazz.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
But Qld along with the hermit kingdom in the west would be better getting their own vaccination rates up - currently WA is dead last and Qld not far behind.

The quote should be attributed to Colly 18 but the system has decided to attribute to Rogerazz.
Is this Delta variant so contagious that it has infected and corrupted our website?

Corndoggy

How many out there get a yearly flu shot every year. I'm sure a good percentage don't. If covid goes the way of the flu, how many would be getting a yearly covid shot?

Hoyks

Gladys just said short sharp hard lockdowns don't work with Delta. Was her lockdown a short sharp hard lockdown?
Pretty sure it was short, soft and slowly ratcheting clamp, rather than a lockdown.

Even Barilaro admitted over a week in that:
"Mr Barilaro insisted the NSW government was “proud” of its reputation for keeping businesses open, denying the reversion to lockdown was a “knee jerk reaction”.

“You’re better off going into a sharp, two-week lockdown than having this slow death by a thousand cuts of restriction after restriction,” he said."

linuxfan66

“You’re better off going into a sharp, two-week lockdown than having this slow death by a thousand cuts of restriction after restriction,” he said."

im sorry but i had to post this

discomatt

Maybe we could get a tattoo on our forehead to prove we have had the jab, we could use the numbers 666 as the reference, I am sure that will go down well :eek:
joking…….
For anyone not familiar with the bible there are references in Revelations about people being marked of some description, any government comes up with that plan I am out.
Not that I am religious at all but...