What Did You Do To Your 4X4 This Week? Include photos, if possible!

Rags90mod

Jeez that has browned up fast
Still pretty green in a lot of places, especially in the valleys. Did the Moralana Scenice drive on Friday and there was plenty of green, purple wildflowers in full bloom too
20201011_205205.jpg
20201011_205413.jpg

peterfermtech

Not sure if it's the pattersons curse or not but I do know when it's in full bloom is when I really suffer the Hay Fever so that might explain a few things.

Rags90mod

Bought a boat loader yesterday, perfect fit for the cruiser as it came off another 76 series. Can't wait to put it to use with my new (to me) tinny

Attachments

• 20210103_094207.jpg
    20210103_094207.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20210103_094321.jpg
    20210103_094321.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
  • 20210103_094341.jpg
    20210103_094341.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72

AllTerrainAction

Did nothing to ours... but for years my friend has been stocking it out with us been backup for some video projects with our AWD. Decided it was time to step it up and his not really cluey with mechanicals and suspension so I decided over the break to help him add 2 inch of lift and finally a in-built UHF into his 90 series Prado.

Took it out on an overnight to get it all settled in, even had a 78 series tag along with us. Now his got the bug and wants to get larger tyres! haha.

Attachments

• 90series.jpg
    90series.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 76

Colly18

Thought I'd get a few service jobs done on the Colorado (2013 MY2014) in preparation for a big interstate camping trip in a few months time when this Covid mess settles down (or am I dreaming?). Oil and filter change, new air filter, coolant changed at 114,000 km after 7 years (the old coolant looked excellent, so I think I'll keep 5 litres of it for 'just in case'). Grease the tailshaft yoke splines and auto trans service and transfer case ATF to come and I think it'll be done. Everything else is up to scratch. So it will be park it in the shed with only ocassional use for a few months.

service Jan 2021 (Custom).JPG

itlldoo

Thought I'd get a few service jobs done on the Colorado (2013 MY2014) in preparation for a big interstate camping trip in a few months time when this Covid mess settles down (or am I dreaming?).
i did the same over twelve months ago with my 80 for a mid year trip, it's done 148 klms since then and in the down time i have spent 10 grand on other stuff for her and it still hasn't moved :(.........but she is ready, almost....... lol.....

idiomatically

Was meant to go over to Straddie last weekend but the Brisbane lockdown knocked that on the head so instead, I surprised my best mate by putting a dual battery system in his faithful PX1 Ranger. Baintech 110AH Slimline with built-in DC-DC charger.

ijGbQPEl.jpg

BXqiKrcl.jpg

idiomatically

Had Baintech custom build me a 150Ah Lithium with inbuilt 40amp DCDC charger picked it up last Thursday so swapped out the old 32kg AGM out with this much light 14kg combo. Had to make some changes to my wiring and drawer setup so took a bit longer than I was expecting but very happy with the result. Also installed a Victron Bluetooth BMV-712 battery monitor at the same time.

6isUvF8l.jpg
15oUyqil.jpg
fEgYOdel.jpg

6eLd8Mml.png

John U

Had Baintech custom build me a 150Ah Lithium with inbuilt 40amp DCDC charger picked it up last Thursday so swapped out the old 32kg AGM out with this much light 14kg combo. Had to make some changes to my wiring and drawer setup so took a bit longer than I was expecting but very happy with the result. Also installed a Victron Bluetooth BMV-712 battery monitor at the same time.

6isUvF8l.jpg
15oUyqil.jpg
fEgYOdel.jpg

6eLd8Mml.png
Mate, That deck looks like a really neat set up. What is it?

idiomatically

Mate, That deck looks like a really neat set up. What is it?

It's a Front Runner slimline rack system, with their 45L water tank, 4.5kg gas bottle and Maxtrax bracket kits. It works fantastically for us when we head away with just the swag setup rather than taking our camper.

4z7ZoWLl.jpg
HowcZTxl.jpg

We can fit everything we need for an extended swag trip in the tub drawers I built myself or on the rack easily.

denk

Photo-1.jpg

I'm yet to paint the scoop and cut the hole in the bonnet but that should be done over the weekend providing i don't screw it up :oops:

shanegtr

Had the cable for the upper tailgate latch fail, after waiting for the replacement latch/cable I got into fixing it. I must say Im very glad I dont have a cargo barrier or drawers in place as that would make access very dificult indeed

discomatt

Had the cable for the upper tailgate latch fail, after waiting for the replacement latch/cable I got into fixing it. I must say Im very glad I dont have a cargo barrier or drawers in place as that would make access very dificult indeed
Thanks for the reminder....I must install that emergency release in mine before I am cursing my unreliable piece of crap LR :p

CaptainBanana

Thanks for the reminder....I must install that emergency release in mine before I am cursing my unreliable piece of crap LR :p

That's a bit rough mate I don't think anyone's really said yours is the most unreliable piece of crap just the majority of cars they make.

idiomatically

I relented and got some driving lights, only took 4 years. I did not want a light bar on the roof as it would mess with the sunroof view and I hate the round spotlight look. I found a great deal on these Milsec Baja Designs XL Pros in the Driving Combo, $600 odd for the pair brand new with a lifetime warranty.

These have a spot and flood lens that’s good for 500m which is perfect for hitting the 400m sweet spot, I don’t need to see 1km down the road and well rarely is that possible on a bush track anyway and I like the 5000k colour temp to help cut down on glare and eye fatigue. Will post an update when I have finished modifying the wiring loom with the hi-beam pickup.

Got the wiring for the Baja Design lights finished today, the loom they supplied had some issues being American. Mainly it wasn't made for a hi-beam pickup, and then I realised the new custom Lightforce dual switch actually isn't 2 independent switches as they use a common positive, so in the end I used a source relay and a signal relay. Lightforce did redeem themselves though with their Ranger piggyback cable, making picking up the hi-beam easy. I also replaced my Front Diff Lock switch so it would match the new dual switch.

The most time-consuming part was just making sure all the wiring was in the correct place after I doctored the loom and added an extra relay to make sure the lights were operating legally.

7PC4TW0l.jpg

aIHk5nhl.jpg

oIokD4ll.jpg

J1HN84Tl.jpg

nxjBlYCl.jpg

bFVi1xql.jpg

lkC48qFl.jpg

NprRzHPl.jpg

YlsSZgfl.jpg

This just the factory Hi-Beam
7E9XqcHl.jpgg

This is with the XL Pro's on
eydguNZl.jpg

John U

Looks great.

Car manufacturers should really include some wiring for accessories from the factory, or at least make it an option.