What Colour???

D_Hilux

Hey Guys and Girls,

I've been thinking about spraying my 2002 single cab hilux for awhile now.
I want to paint everything including all bar work and accesories the same colour!
I had in mind a charcoal metallic but I'm not sure!

Would love to see some pics of what other people have done and any suggestions?

Cheers

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Can't go wrong with a gunmetal grey mettallic :)
Looks awesome, but not too visible . . . but then nothing looks really visible unless it's bright red or yellow, or maybe any bright colour blue, orange etc.

I just drive with my lights on when on highways, sometimes around town too if it's poor light.

80lover96gxl

Desert comoflarge if you don't want to be found, if you do wanna be found stick a 12v magnetic orange flashing beacon on the roof.

Swaggie

Can't go wrong with a gunmetal grey mettallic :)
Looks awesome, but not too visible . . .

Hiya Les i was going to say yes you could lol...Its a prick of a colour and blends into the Bitumen..people drive with there heads up there bums as it is..I reckon that color should be outlawed ..lmao

Whites the best,When it oxidizes a bit it mostly buffs up a treat,doesn't show dents as much and is cooler in the heat...

Just my view if i was going to respray..

D_Hilux

My hilux is already white guys, would like to change the colour. Good to mix it up abit every now and then!
I was also thinking a metallic orange like a new xr6/ xr8 if anyone's seen them?
Camo sounds good

muc the truck

Hey Guys and Girls,

I've been thinking about spraying my 2002 single cab hilux for awhile now.
I want to paint everything including all bar work and accesories the same colour!
I had in mind a charcoal metallic but I'm not sure!

Would love to see some pics of what other people have done and any suggestions?

Cheers

3 times i hae bought a black or near black car and each time i have *****ed at how hot it is . slow learner. blue on the colour spectrun is second as hot .stay white, chaep to fix and detail for resale

Tappet

White is the best for maintenance. Easy to touch up, cooler, does a good job of hinding inperfections and not bad for dirt and crud but white does not shine well or have that lusture.

Silver is a good comprimise and hides dirt well.

As for any thing black or blackish. Forget it, looks good for 20 minutes after you washed it's downhill from there.

Last edited:

muc the truck

if you change the colour at all paint it mud brown. even the very nice metalic brown bmw x5 have doesnt show up the dirt.

D_Hilux

So its been 2 years and I finally came around to spending some money. Change of colour...Woo Hoo
Painted it custom Metallic Charcoal with a slight tint of gold pearl.
Pic's are coming...

D_Hilux

image.jpg

dj2024

Looks good. Sounds pretty similar to the paint on my defender. 'Havana' which is a dark metallic grey with a goldy/browny pearl through it. Looks awesome in the sun but it's a pin-stripe magnet.