What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Albynsw

ARNOTT'S BISCUITS BEAN-COUNTERS! a few weeks ago they discontinued the Classic Assorted variety pack, now they've discontinued Honey Jumbles!! :mad:

Yet they still make the shitty Orange Slice and weird bear/dog/cat ones with no flavour - WTF? Admittedly, for anyone born before 1990, Arnott's biscuits have been getting smaller every other year ... maybe they've discontinued certain biscuits because the machines can't be configured for Hobbit-sized pastries?

Arnott's can shove their Tim Tams up their ying-yangs too - let the Millennial's with their decaf soy latte's eat vegan cake.

Predict the next to go will be the Iced Vo-Vo, Delta Cream, and then ... shudder to think ... the Monte Carlo, Scotch Finger and Spicy Fruit Roll.

Think it's time to start making homemade biscuit like Mum did - full effing size ones too!

I am a big fan of the Salted caramel scotch fingers :)

Years ago when i was an apprentice we used to do a bit of work at the Arnotts factory at Homebush. We were allowed to ” sample” as much as we liked. Used to work at Daryll Lee too.

John U

Nestle closed the factory in New Zealand that made Kool Mints. 'Kool Mints" are now made in China where they've 'struggled' to match the 'difficult' recipe.

They're nothing like the original. After being a dedicated fan for years, I won't be buying them again. Disappointed.

boobook

Nestle closed the factory in New Zealand that made Kool Mints. 'Kool Mints" are now made in China where they've 'struggled' to match the 'difficult' recipe.

They're nothing like the original. After being a dedicated fan for years, I won't be buying them again. Disappointed.
Yes, I noticed they had changed last time i got them. What a pity.

Rojac

Seems to be the same with everything, bought a packet of fruchocs, tried one , tasted like crap, no where near what they used to taste like, artificial crap plus the size was smaller, at least I had the pleasure to eat them when they tasted good, people nowadays don't know any different as this shite is all they ever had

LongRoad2Go

Completely forgot about Kool Mints. The last time I had them they had just moved from that cardboard cylinder with a tin lid to a plastic container - must've coincided with the move to China because the taste was crap.

John U

Completely forgot about Kool Mints. The last time I had them they had just moved from that cardboard cylinder with a tin lid to a plastic container - must've coincided with the move to China because the taste was crap.
Nah, that was the original, still made in NZ. The tins went AWOL quite a while ago.
The new one are smaller, with a thinner shell, and taste completely different. Maybe you should give them a crack?

Colly18

Last edited by a moderator:

Corndoggy

Things like this. Worker mauled to death by 3 dogs. I can see no reason for people to have a pack of dogs at home that can do this. So sad!

So sad this can happen to someone. Don't yet know the breed of dog. Unfortunately the dogs will be put down and the owner given a fine. The dogs will be that way because of the owner. Maybe he/she should be put down with them. Must wonder if there were posted signs of viscous dogs and do not enter. Will use that as an arse cover. Throw the owner in jail and see how an arse cover goes there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corndoggy

Looks like the property was in a bushy area, owners were not home and possibly a high solid fence at the front. You would never know what was waiting for you.

Colly18

I'm a dog owner and feel sorry for the dogs. But I've no sympathy what-so-ever for the dog owners! Get 3 big watch dogs together and things can go bad fast. But really, why did this even occur? Worried about your possessions is what house and contents insurance is for! And if you are paranoid about your possessions install a camera system. We've a blue heeler who is a great watch dog, but she won't kill anyone. Love's kids and just guards her fenced territory from strangers with a lot of barking. I'll be watching this one for further info.

Corndoggy

I got 3 dogs. Come into my backyard and you will be licked to death. No place for guard dogs in a home. If you have them your the problem. What have you in a house that is worth a life, even if that life is a robber. You want to scare people, buy a small yapping dog as an alarm.

Toyasaurus

My alarm system.
Be prepared to be licked to death.

Of course, after being woofed at.

20221130_102931.jpg

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Chap got attacked by his own Doberman the other day here in little SA, any dog can bite when you get in between them, by the sound of it he was trying to be responsible by breaking it up with his own hands but unfortunately the dog lashed out at him and sent him to hospital, my Golden Retriever did that at Dog Obedience once with me ending up at the Modbury Hospital, he was well trained - at Advanced Level but I got in between 2 dogs.

Unfortunately the Doberman appears to have been in attach mode and was shot by the Police - lucky they were good shots :)

My brother unexpectedly walked into my bedroom 1 night and both Dobermans lept over me, sat on the edge of my bed with teeth at the ready, they calmed right down once they were told to leave by me.

We now own a Jack Russel and I have trained him myself after training Golden Retrievers & Dobermans and although he is an excellent dog, I do not trust him 100% with my Granddaughter even though they absolutely love each other

Cheers

Albynsw

The dogs may have been hunting ( pig?) dogs. The owners need to be held liable in these sort of situations