What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Swaggie

What is it with the dickheads that blackout their tail and indicator light`s.

To me this is the first and only warning you have that the vehicle in front is going to do something, EG stop/turn.

I was following a white nissan ute today, it was only when I got to within a couple of car length`s that I could see his turn and brake lights.

I don`t know about anybody else but I sure as hell want to give people all the warning I can, they drive distracted enough as it is.

Come to think about it, some idiots on bikes do the same thing or just get the smallest ones possible.

I know people don’t want to dob people in but in this case.
You should have taken down the rego and reported it, considering if you run up someone’s ass your responsible…;)

G_ute

I see more and more people with obvious illegal modicifations such as blacked out lights, blue lights, LED headlight bulbs, super dark tint, huge stickers across the windscreen, very offensive stickers (not sure if they are illegal but...)
But when they are so readily availble with no warnings, e.g. supercheap auto sell the LED bulbs and the light-blackening spray paint, it is any wonder?

Swaggie

I see more and more people with obvious illegal modicifations such as blacked out lights, blue lights, LED headlight bulbs, super dark tint, huge stickers across the windscreen, very offensive stickers (not sure if they are illegal but...)
But when they are so readily availble with no warnings, e.g. supercheap auto sell the LED bulbs and the light-blackening spray paint, it is any wonder?

I don’t travel much these days but when i do i notice NO POLICE on the roads/hwys. You can usually spot unmarked vehicle’s if they pass you but nothing…

Ive said this before on here and believe there relying on mobile speed cameras and red light/speed cameras to do most the work and this doesn’t correct people’s bad driving habits or the above you mentioned….

callmejoe

I don't think it's harsh.
Sitting at the lights, with my young kids in the car, behind a douchebag with what amounts to basically "[CUNT]" staring back at them. Makes me incandescent. I can't help it.
That CU in the NT started as a joke. The original even incorporated a very similar emblem to the NT state emblem making it look like some official advertising. It was challenged by the legal system, as the owners didn't want to change it. Resulted in the emblem look alike removed but the wording still being sold.

It's rather tasteless in my option.

smwhiskey

I don’t travel much these days but when i do i notice NO POLICE on the roads/hwys. You can usually spot unmarked vehicle’s if they pass you but nothing…

Saw a very very rare sight the other week - a marked cop car with a uniformed officer doing speed radar duty the other week. People were so shocked they were lining up to say hello.

First time I've seen one in a 3 or 4 years.

Simon

smitty_r51

Saw a very very rare sight the other week - a marked cop car with a uniformed officer doing speed radar duty the other week. People were so shocked they were lining up to say hello.

First time I've seen one in a 3 or 4 years.

Simon
Try driving the Hume...saw 5 last time i ran up to Sydney, and had 7 between Canberra and Carrathool last time i went that way... All hiding in the bushes commando style.

smwhiskey

Try driving the Hume...saw 5 last time i ran up to Sydney, and had 7 between Canberra and Carrathool last time i went that way... All hiding in the bushes commando style.
So nothing has changed in the 20 years since I used to weekly commute between Wollongong and Canberra.

Rusty Panels

I worked on the railway for years so I swear like a wharfie! I also find these stickers totally offensive and can't understand why anyone would want to put one on their vehicle.
I don't know what has happened to the morals of society but they seem to be non existent. I think everything started to go pear shaped when the do gooders told us that we can't smack naughty kids.

smwhiskey

I don't know what has happened to the morals of society but they seem to be non existent.
Got thrown out into the rubbish when people decided they could do what they wanted, when they wanted and how they wanted. And along with the "You can't tell me what to do" mob, its created a society people that feel they no longer have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Eventually for most people it will catch up with them but then they'll probably blame everybody else for their misfortune.

Simon

cam04

I worked on the railway for years so I swear like a wharfie! I also find these stickers totally offensive and can't understand why anyone would want to put one on their vehicle.
I don't know what has happened to the morals of society but they seem to be non existent. I think everything started to go pear shaped when the do gooders told us that we can't smack naughty kids.
People don't know/care how to parent anymore. The stories I hear daily from my teens about what their school mates get up to is amazing. Meanwhile my almost 18 YO finishing grade 12 is looking forward to us finally lifting restrictions on his phone access haha.

smwhiskey

People don't know/care how to parent anymore. The stories I hear daily from my teens about what their school mates get up to is amazing. Meanwhile my almost 18 YO finishing grade 12 is looking forward to us finally lifting restrictions on his phone access haha.
Stories I hear from Day Care and After school care people about some of the kids make the CU in the NT sticker appear to be very tame .

I always told my kids they could take any restrictions off their phone when they were paying for it. Both had jobs within weeks.

Simon

mikehzz

The potential kindy kids spend a half day at school around this time to get used to going kindergarten next year. A teacher relative told me it's more about the teachers getting a handle on which kids are going to be trouble. You know things are bad when it's infants school kids who are already a problem.

cam04

Stories I hear from Day Care and After school care people about some of the kids make the CU in the NT sticker appear to be very tame .

I always told my kids they could take any restrictions off their phone when they were paying for it. Both had jobs within weeks.

Simon
Mine both have jobs and upgrade their own phones - they are still restricted and accessible by mum until they are 18. It has been a fight but the eldest now is thanking us for isolating him from a mountain of social media crap that he never got involved with. The youngest will never forgive us because he wants to be the social media shitstorm but meh, haha.

LongRoad2Go

ARNOTT'S BISCUITS BEAN-COUNTERS! a few weeks ago they discontinued the Classic Assorted variety pack, now they've discontinued Honey Jumbles!! :mad:

Yet they still make the shitty Orange Slice and weird bear/dog/cat ones with no flavour - Admittedly, for anyone born before 1990, Arnott's biscuits have been getting smaller every other year ... maybe they've discontinued certain biscuits because the machines can't be configured for Hobbit-sized pastries?

Arnott's can shove their Tim Tams up their ying-yangs too - let the Millennial's with their decaf soy latte's eat vegan cake.

Predict the next to go will be the Iced Vo-Vo, Delta Cream, and then ... shudder to think ... the Monte Carlo, Scotch Finger and Spicy Fruit Roll.

Think it's time to start making homemade biscuit like Mum did - full effing size ones too!

Last edited by a moderator: