What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

LongRoad2Go

What cheeses me off is when I am having a great night and I reach across for the bottle of 2018 Tahbilk Cabernet Sauvignon for a top up and it's empty.
And I have no Alcohol left.
Ignoring your questionable choice of wine, it pays to have a spare room or shed that is stocked with several cases of wine varietals, spirits and appropriate mixers ... it goes back to being self reliant during a short term economic upheaval ... or, if you happen to be a 'Prepper', the z-m-ie ap---lypse. (Zombies don't drink wine or beer, so good for us!) ;)

Then again, Aussie Zombies are likely to search out those with a higher blood/alcohol level! :oops:

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ignoring your questionable choice of wine, it pays to have a spare room or shed that is stocked with several cases of wine varietals, spirits and appropriate mixers ... it goes back to being self reliant during a short term economic upheaval ... or, if you happen to be a 'Prepper', the z-m-ie ap---lypse. (Zombies don't drink wine or beer, so good for us!) ;)

Then again, Aussie Zombies are likely to search out those with a higher blood/alcohol level! :oops:
I tried that and one time I drank over ninety bottles of red that I brought back from the Barossa in about two months.
Now when I get the chance I drink bottles from the bloke next door. He is a collector and I am a drinker.

John U

Oh yeah??
What cheeses me off is
120% stupid people
People who blame everything, even stuff that hasn't even happened yet, on everyone else
People who drive 30km under the speed limit, then slow down for speed cameras that aren't even operating on the side of the road they're driving on
People who litter especially smokers that drop their butts on the ground and tread on them
People who always have to out do you with a story of their own :)

Clever. Worth the effort.

max velin

I found out my girlfriend was cheating... I don't know where to blow off steam. She often told me that she was going to her girlfriends' or something. And at some point I just stopped trusting her. It was really messed up. Of course I had no proof of where she was going and I searched how to ping a cell phone's location and luckily I found it. With the help of an app I figured out where she was and when I came I saw her with another guy.

Last edited:

Aza013

CAR YARDS!!!!!
Car yards are not like they used to be, well more so the ppl that should be selling the cars.
I went to a number of places today and no rep walked out to me to see what they could do for me.
even walked into the show room and still nothing, they just look at you and then back to their computer and nothing.
I was looking to upgrade the 4WD for something new and maybe more powerful for towing.
ended up walking out and just going to the pub…………… a lot bette result.

phs

CAR YARDS!!!!!
Car yards are not like they used to be, well more so the ppl that should be selling the cars.
I went to a number of places today and no rep walked out to me to see what they could do for me.
even walked into the show room and still nothing, they just look at you and then back to their computer and nothing.
I was looking to upgrade the 4WD for something new and maybe more powerful for towing.
Sad, who would have thought to make hay while the sun shines!

muppets, always the first industry to get hammered and when it comes this time it certainly will be a hammering to remember

Petunia

CAR YARDS!!!!!

hmmmmm .... Any loose moraled persons of a certain gender in there?

typhoeus

I suspect it would take a LOT more than a kilt and a shirt stuffed with padding to make that work for you, Aza, they would probably think you swing both ways, or are trans gender or something,. . . . . None of which you would want to be labelled as, methinks!

Aza013

Yep I would make a very ugly female, all car yard reps would run the other way even faster than they did today lol

smwhiskey

CAR YARDS!!!!!
Similar story here. Went to get a replacement car for the wife. Walked in to one of the larger car yards that we'd bought from before, with money ready to go, actually decided on a car to buy. Finally got somebody to step away from the gaggle of salespeople socializing together and (somewhat begrudgingly) talk to us. He then proceeded to shower us with total indifference and a complete lack of interest in selling a car. So we walked (and we wern't the only ones that did that morning). For us, it was very much a case of "If you don't want our money we'll go to somebody who does"

Went to another yard where as we were wandering around, one of the salesmen made a point of introducing himself, asked if we were looking for anything specific, offered some suggestions that we hadn't considered, showed us through several cars all of which he knew the details about. We didn't buy then but a couple of days later he rang us up and told us about a car that had just come in that might suit us and he got a sale as a result. It's no surprise to see that in the monthly sales records he'd had twice as many sales than any other salesperson and even though he'd already exceeded his quota for the month was still keen to make a sale.

Simon

typhoeus

Similar story here. Went to get a replacement car for the wife. Walked in to one of the larger car yards that we'd bought from before, with money ready to go, actually decided on a car to buy. Finally got somebody to step away from the gaggle of salespeople socializing together and (somewhat begrudgingly) talk to us. He then proceeded to shower us with total indifference and a complete lack of interest in selling a car. So we walked (and we wern't the only ones that did that morning). For us, it was very much a case of "If you don't want our money we'll go to somebody who does"

Went to another yard where as we were wandering around, one of the salesmen made a point of introducing himself, asked if we were looking for anything specific, offered some suggestions that we hadn't considered, showed us through several cars all of which he knew the details about. We didn't buy then but a couple of days later he rang us up and told us about a car that had just come in that might suit us and he got a sale as a result. It's no surprise to see that in the monthly sales records he'd had twice as many sales than any other salesperson and even though he'd already exceeded his quota for the month was still keen to make a sale.

Simon
Bonus and comission can add up to a tidy sum . .!

Toyasaurus

What is it with the dickheads that blackout their tail and indicator light`s.

To me this is the first and only warning you have that the vehicle in front is going to do something, EG stop/turn.

I was following a white nissan ute today, it was only when I got to within a couple of car length`s that I could see his turn and brake lights.

I don`t know about anybody else but I sure as hell want to give people all the warning I can, they drive distracted enough as it is.

Come to think about it, some idiots on bikes do the same thing or just get the smallest ones possible.

smwhiskey

What is it with the dickheads that blackout their tail and indicator light`s.
Same thing that makes then get huge lifts, bigger tires, more lights than a Christmas tree, a truckload of weight in awnings, spare wheels, recovery gear and only drive around the city?

I don't know what it is but it seems to be contagious.

LongRoad2Go

I was looking at some old journals I wrote of trips we did back in the 1980's and 90's. We extensively used the old paper maps that were produced by the NRMA, and similar ones from Victoria. (Still have all of them covering NSW and a fair bit of Victoria)

The NRMA stopped producing those maps and accommodation (motel/hotel & caravan park) guide books decades ago.

Rant commences:

What REALLY CHEESES ME OFF is the continual reduction in services these cashed-up organisations provide to their members. They're happy to spend mega-bucks on TV, Radio, newsprint and internet site advertisement, but bugger-all-to-nothing on useful member services.

Rant ends.