What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

discomatt

The rate we’re working on wiping out our native species.
The other day I made comment about us humans blissfully living through a mass extinction event, so many just don't realise or care, I often wonder how future generations will look at the current state of things and ask why

Chatty

View attachment 72948

I’ve been doing a fair bit of walking lately and the amount of these things I see in the gutters, on nature strips , walkways, down the beach is horrendous….

Must say at least I haven’t seen any straws lately….
There has been zero thought given to the environmental impacts of all the "crap" being mandated around this pandemic.
The latest is now the millions of RAT tests being used and discarded on a daily basis - all containing a huge amount of plastic in order to house one tiny little test strip. We are being told that these can't be recycled, that they must be disposed of as contaminated medical waste and (here's the kicker) that before we dispose of them we should bag each one in another plastic bag.
You can't honestly expect me to believe that these couldn't have been designed to use a recyclable holder, and we just buy the test strips individually.
Screenshot_20220201-095517_LinkedIn.jpg

Ashbine

All the Aholes that cannot keep left on Crooked River Road!!!! I swear every time I have done this road (and its been quite a few times) I’ve nearly been involved in a head on.

Rojac

There has been zero thought given to the environmental impacts of all the "crap" being mandated around this pandemic.
The latest is now the millions of RAT tests being used and discarded on a daily basis - all containing a huge amount of plastic in order to house one tiny little test strip. We are being told that these can't be recycled, that they must be disposed of as contaminated medical waste and (here's the kicker) that before we dispose of them we should bag each one in another plastic bag.
You can't honestly expect me to believe that these couldn't have been designed to use a recyclable holder, and we just buy the test strips individually.
View attachment 72967
And they go on about plastic straws and one use plastic cutlery and give no thought about these, absolute clowns, plus don't forget the masks, everywhere you look as of late there are these things just discarded on the ground

Last edited:

Mick_Marsh

View attachment 72948

I’ve been doing a fair bit of walking lately and the amount of these things I see in the gutters, on nature strips , walkways, down the beach is horrendous….

Must say at least I haven’t seen any straws lately….
Straws, I have.
Environmentally friendly ones made from wood pulp. Imported of course. We can't cut down any more trees.

Attachments

• paper straw in plastic wrap.jpg
    paper straw in plastic wrap.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 17

boobook

All the Aholes that cannot keep left on Crooked River Road!!!! I swear every time I have done this road (and its been quite a few times) I’ve nearly been involved in a head on.
LOL

I hate that there is no agreement on what to call Crooked River Rd. Some maps call it Crooked River Rd ( HEMA and Rooftop) some call it Crooked River track and some call it Wonnangatta Rd ( Vic topo, Aus topo, Google, Here).

Who knows? But I do agree that too many people fly along there on the wrong side of the road.

TimNWVic