What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

CTL

The sniping and bitching going on lately on this site. Hopefully the "periods" will be over soon..
And if the mods looked back, it is pretty easy to see who is posting all the nasty comments. I think he does it because of SDS. Pretty sad really.

Albynsw

Yeah I am not a fan of the sniping etc, I will have a poke at someone in jest as I would to them face to face but it is all just a bit of fun.
Some hot topics have been debated and it is fine to disagree but you have to remember we are on a social 4WD forum not trying to set government policy.

LongRoad2Go

What cheeses me off? Liberal and Labor using our money to buy their future positions in the private sector.

E.g. 75 new M1A2 Abrams tanks at $3.5 Billion!

It's an old true joke - tanks are an extremely expensive coffin for four people - just ask the Iraqi's and all the others taken out by infantry, aircraft, drones, etc.

In modern warfare, tanks are about as useful as fly-screens on submarines ... oh yeah, then there's those nuclear subs due in 10-20 years ...

LongRoad2Go

They are not buying new tanks, just up grading the old ones to make them less of a coffin.
Still lots of money.

'... The new vehicles will be remanufactured from stored former US Army M1A1 Abrams hulls, 160 of which have been acquired for the Australian requirement.'

I imagine it's all political/defence spin ... just like a turret as it flies into the air after a hit by an AGM. Armour is more sexy to old-school-uneducated-pollies than cost efficient stealth drones.

John U

What cheeses me off? Liberal and Labor using our money to buy their future positions in the private sector.

E.g. 75 new M1A2 Abrams tanks at $3.5 Billion!

It's an old true joke - tanks are an extremely expensive coffin for four people - just ask the Iraqi's and all the others taken out by infantry, aircraft, drones, etc.

In modern warfare, tanks are about as useful as fly-screens on submarines ... oh yeah, then there's those nuclear subs due in 10-20 years ...
True but nothing to do with Labor.

smitty_r51

Tell you two things that cheese me off from the recent touring holiday of Tassie.

Cruisin' camper vans, that can't do above 50km an hour driven by people who you wouldn't let loose with a shopping trolley.

and people who start their car in camp, then pack up and work out where they are going, make lunch, manufacture whatever outfit they are going to make out of the raw materials, compose a speech and then decide to actually drive off.

on the plus side, with all the COVID travel restrictions before we went it was empty, hardly saw a none tassie plate anywhere and meant we got a lot of the walks and sights to ourselves...

boobook

True. Not sure if Labor started the JSF debacle but they had a finger in it.

Was speaking to an ex adf resource and he reckons the joint strike fighters are the good gear.
I was talking to a trainer for the JSFs. He said they are amazing and they are testing them with a drone called the loyal wingman. The JSF automatically controls up to 6 of them and they fly as a formation. They protect the JSF and can go on their own attacks.

It sounded unbelievable. He recons they can do the same role as up to 7 piloted aircraft at 1/3 of the overall cost.

Toyasaurus

Little johnny was responsible for the JSF.
And grounding the F111, just so he could get some kickback`s from McDonnell Douglas for ordering new super hornets.
Then kicker`s from Lockheed Martin for the JSF.
We lose our long range bomber, just after we bought 30 odd more of them, for something that can`t even fly across country.

Swaggie

BE178DCC-05A6-4619-9D13-8B617ED62BE6.jpeg

I’ve been doing a fair bit of walking lately and the amount of these things I see in the gutters, on nature strips , walkways, down the beach is horrendous….

Must say at least I haven’t seen any straws lately….

John U

The rate we’re working on wiping out our native species.