What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Chatty

Well here is more moronic behavior from our Andrews government, if I was a farmer I would be up in arms about this, can just see the normal crap behavior getting pretty tiresome
We've been touring WA for 3 weeks now on our way to Darwin, and if the behaviour of all these new domestic tourists is anything to go by, those poor farmers are in for hell.
They drive anywhere they want, camp anywhere they want, leave rubbish - and worse, toilet paper and s#!t - everywhere.

Chatty

WCMO at the moment is all the newly released idiotic domestic tourists who have bought a 4WD and van (or a motorhome) because they can no longer fly to Bali four times a year and are instead attacking the great beyond.

Got a small motorhome with a 65 litre fuel tank? Of course you're a truck and have to use the truck bowsers...
Get to a small town with one servo with one fuel bowser working and a line up of 20 vehicles waiting to get fuel? Why not spend 10 minutes shopping for chips and soft drinks while everyone waits outside for you to move your vehicle...
In a nice free camp where there's only one other van, with room to park another 30 caravans? It makes perfect sense to park up three metres away from that one other van...
That camp has a donation system which supports the local volunteers running the tourist information? Of course that doesn't apply to you - you've already paid your taxes, haven't you...
You've got to a rest area or free camp that doesn't have toilets? No problem, just s#!t anywhere you like and leave it and the toilet paper lying on the ground...
Oh, so you've paid for an unpowered campsite because you're too cheap to pay for power? Not a worry - just run your extra long lead a couple of sites over and disconnect the van already there, they won't mind...
You're on your site and then someone pulls up in the clearly marked site next door? Of course it's right that you should whinge at the top of your voice about someone daring to take that space...
Want to save fuel and you don't feel safe travelling at anywhere resembling the legal speed? Just make sure that after hogging the centreline for the last 30km, making it impossible for anyone to pass you that when you get to the next passing lane you floor the accelerator to stop those dangerous drivers behind you getting past...
The road is blocked because a family's motor home is burning to the ground and the firies have blocked the road so they can safely work on extinguishing it? Get on the UHF and whinge that they should push that burning bus further off the road and open the road up immediately so you can get on with your trip...

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
WCMO at the moment is all the newly released idiotic domestic tourists who have bought a 4WD and van (or a motorhome) because they can no longer fly to Bali four times a year and are instead attacking the great beyond.

Got a small motorhome with a 65 litre fuel tank? Of course you're a truck and have to use the truck bowsers...
Get to a small town with one servo with one fuel bowser working and a line up of 20 vehicles waiting to get fuel? Why not spend 10 minutes shopping for chips and soft drinks while everyone waits outside for you to move your vehicle...
In a nice free camp where there's only one other van, with room to park another 30 caravans? It makes perfect sense to park up three metres away from that one other van...
That camp has a donation system which supports the local volunteers running the tourist information? Of course that doesn't apply to you - you've already paid your taxes, haven't you...
You've got to a rest area or free camp that doesn't have toilets? No problem, just s#!t anywhere you like and leave it and the toilet paper lying on the ground...
Oh, so you've paid for an unpowered campsite because you're too cheap to pay for power? Not a worry - just run your extra long lead a couple of sites over and disconnect the van already there, they won't mind...
You're on your site and then someone pulls up in the clearly marked site next door? Of course it's right that you should whinge at the top of your voice about someone daring to take that space...
Want to save fuel and you don't feel safe travelling at anywhere resembling the legal speed? Just make sure that after hogging the centreline for the last 30km, making it impossible for anyone to pass you that when you get to the next passing lane you floor the accelerator to stop those dangerous drivers behind you getting past...
The road is blocked because a family's motor home is burning to the ground and the firies have blocked the road so they can safely work on extinguishing it? Get on the UHF and whinge that they should push that burning bus further off the road and open the road up immediately so you can get on with your trip...
Had some issues with our new local travellers Chatty?

You do realise it's all about them don't you?

Chatty

Had some issues with our new local travellers Chatty?

You do realise it's all about them don't you?
I've eventually worked out that it's all about them. Personally, I think they're so used to having every whim catered to in some resort that they aren't able to relate to the real world any more.

Spend some time talking to tourist type owners and operators and you soon realise that what I'm seeing is merely the tip of the iceberg.
I'm glad I'm not in their shoes.

I can add to the list the mob who want to get an early start in the morning, so after they return from their night out at 10pm, proceed to spend the next two hours noisily packing up their van.

The behaviour on the roads these days is just plain scary.

boobook

Re the Riverside campsites. I have a different view. The land IS PUBLIC LAND. Farmers have erected gates, fences, and all sorts of false signs for years to deter fishermen and camping. All rivers and creeks in Vic are public lands, and anyone has had the right to fish, picnic, camp or whatever forever. Nothing has changed. A minimum of 20m width is public land on any river in Vic, up to a 100m or more. This has not been accessible. What has changed is that public land access is now being enforced.

I understand that there could be issues with litter etc which would need to be addressed, but I can not see anything wrong with granting access to land that has always been locked up and made to look private.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Re the Riverside campsites. I have a different view. The land IS PUBLIC LAND. Farmers have erected gates, fences, and all sorts of false signs for years to deter fishermen and camping. All rivers and creeks in Vic are public lands, and anyone has had the right to fish, picnic, camp or whatever forever. Nothing has changed. A minimum of 20m width is public land on any river in Vic, up to a 100m or more. This has not been accessible. What has changed is that public land access is now being enforced.

I understand that there could be issues with litter etc which would need to be addressed, but I can not see anything wrong with granting access to land that has always been locked up and made to look private.
I agree. However the problem is that many campers today either have no idea about proper camping or most likely don't give a st#ff. This happens everywhere so the solution would be enforcement. I have the solution which I have posted on earth and other sites. Sick of posting it up so will sit back now and watch the country get closed down. Have enjoyed my time out there so as one would say. ...who cares.

Chatty

I think the problem is that the access has to be across private land and these public areas adjoin that private land.

From what I've seen of public behaviour recently I share the farmers' concerns about their land getting trashed or damaged, fences cut, gates left open, rubbish and faeces left behind and so on.
There's also issues around spread of weeds and diseases to be looked at.

LurchWA

I've eventually worked out that it's all about them. Personally, I think they're so used to having every whim catered to in some resort that they aren't able to relate to the real world any more.

Spend some time talking to tourist type owners and operators and you soon realise that what I'm seeing is merely the tip of the iceberg.
I'm glad I'm not in their shoes.

I can add to the list the mob who want to get an early start in the morning, so after they return from their night out at 10pm, proceed to spend the next two hours noisily packing up their van.

The behaviour on the roads these days is just plain scary.
Mate I seen a lot of people like that on my recent trip east up to the cape and back home to WA so I definately feel your pain!!

Bomber2012

WCMO is this thing with the weather bureau “feels like” ?
I just don’t understand it , is it an 80 yr old woman feels like or a 12 yr old boy feels like ?
Best the weather bureau don’t get to far ahead of themselves and just try and be accurate with the actual weather.

John U

I just don’t understand it , is it an 80 yr old woman feels like or a 12 yr old boy feels like ?
Best the weather bureau don’t get to far ahead of themselves and just try and be accurate with the actual weather.
I think it might take into account wind chill. It's probably more reliable than the forecast because it's relying on current measurements.

This felt quite accurate (and bloody cold).
44F5D63B-FCE9-4F2C-B6E7-90AF2AD4D8C9.png

Kippie

It's scientifically called the "wet bulb temperature". Imagine a temperature gauge that is covered in a wet cloth hanging outside. The wind will cause evaporation and further drops the temperature the guage measures. The reason for this measurement is that it takes into account the prevailing humidity and wind effect. Two important factors contributing to for example hypothermia.

BonZa

actual temperature is the air temperature taken in the shade

feel like temperature is calculated taking into account wind, humidity, overcast or sunny.

ever been out in the sun on a sunny windless winters day and feel hot, only to find the real temperature is only 12 degrees. thats what feels like is all about. at least thats my take on it

boobook

Oh come on Luke. I think they should expand the system to other weather parameters. Like this one given they always over predict rain.

Forecast rain. Feels like "not a bloody cloud in the sky"