What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

slivertoy

Yes @rogerazz, listed all over farcebook forums, Toyota specific and 4x4 BSS sites, shared mutliple times.
Just scared the absolute crap out of myself. i added up all the accessories/modifications, and what was inside at the time of theft

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yes @rogerazz, listed all over farcebook forums, Toyota specific and 4x4 BSS sites, shared mutliple times.
Just scared the absolute crap out of myself. i added up all the accessories/modifications, and what was inside at the time of theft

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
OK @slivertoy can you give me a link to one of those forums so I can share as well as have a few blokes keep an eye out as I live close and have some friends and relos into 4wd.
Bummer mate.

Petunia

WCMO, people who allegedly can't see squat without their headlights on highbeam!! I can see an oncoming cars lights over hills round corners etc, I dip my lights, to be courteous, I give them 5 seconds, give 3 flashes, wait 2 seconds, give 3 more flashes, then still get blinded by 1point21 jigawatts of light from 200meters away. So, I played the 200 meter rule, it made me feel like a right royal ..... but I could see. :cool:

G_ute

People without any lights on just because its daytime, in torrential rain, on the highway in particular.
Should get done for dangerous driving.
That why I like DRL's - they can usually be seen in bad weather without headlights on.

smitty_r51

People without any lights on just because its daytime, in torrential rain, on the highway in particular.
Should get done for dangerous driving.
That why I like DRL's - they can usually be seen in bad weather without headlights on.
The problem is most new cars have auto headlights, the driver assumes they are on if needed.

When they are not they don't consider it

mikehzz

The problem is most new cars have auto headlights, the driver assumes they are on if needed.

When they are not they don't consider it
My wife has auto lights and my car doesn't. When she drives my car she drives off in the dark and doesn't seem to notice she can't see. When it starts raining she asks me what's wrong with the wipers because they don't start automatically. :)

discomatt

But auto lights turn on at the drop of a hat, I drive my unmentionable and unreliable bucket of crap through a shadow and the lights flick on , are they not all the same? I would have thought there would be a standard they all have

smitty_r51

DRL's are not headlights, they are position/marker lights at best, and they don't put any lights on the rear of the vehicle. What was wrong with side lights...you know the first stop on the light stalk (well second now because they had to put auto in there for people who can't work out if it is poor visibility)

About time they stopped dumbing cars down, auto cruise, emergency braking, lane departure, auto headlights, auto wipers, blind spot monitoring...all tech built to the lowest bid...ffs, if you can't manage that stuff who the hell let you behind the wheel.

Albynsw

I think the auto headlights and DRL’s were derived from all the darkish short tunnels and underpasses etc in Europe so they made them mandatory on new cars so we get them.
I don’t think they are a bad idea and always found them to be on when needed

mikehzz

I think the auto headlights and DRL’s were derived from all the darkish short tunnels and underpasses etc in Europe so they made them mandatory on new cars so we get them.
I don’t think they are a bad idea and always found them to be on when needed
Some parts of Europe lights are mandatory all the time. Sweden for sure.

discomatt

I think they are brilliant because all modern cars have heaps more dash lighting than old cars therefore it is very easy to miss the light turn on if driving anywhere at night in well lit areas, if you start a trip in an underground car park its almost a given that many will drive off without turning lights on.
The older style dark dash was a dead giveaway that you needed to do one more thing:)

G_ute

I find many lights on modern cars are not an improvement over older ones. For example I reckon many of them indicators are not as visible in daylight, especially those in 'JDM' type clear housings which reflect the sun. And some seem very small, style over function.
With headlights the opposite - being too bright on low beam and prone to 'flash' since the beams are narrow. Although much improved for the drivers visibility over the old yellow halogens, not so much if they are aimed at you.

stevemc181

Had the long range tanks in my GU Patrol repaired after smashing them both on some rocks. The workshop had flushed them with water prior to welding and then tested them for leaks with water prior to refitting, I’ve done a couple of hundred kms since I got it back and yesterday on the way home the water in fuel warning light came on.

I drained the filter water out and then disconnected and pumped the primer, the stuff that came out was almost like milk! They obviously haven’t flushed the tanks well enough!

Hoping the factory filter did its job prior to any fuel pump/injector issues, as I had no other issues apart from the warning light coming on. I gave them a call this morning and they sent a tow truck over to get it back to them. Talk about steam coming out my ears when I saw the fuel.

Bit late now, but may save me in the future, but I’ve got a fuel manager pre-filter with water alarm and optional primer on the way.
The shot glass in the pic shows what I drained from the filter trap, looks like nearly pure water. The plastic jug is what’s coming out when I pump the primer!
06AA7D33-D7E2-4698-8847-40C92E0ED91E.jpeg

Albynsw

Getting a bit tired of our state leaders bickering with each other over the Covid situation in the respective states.

I can’t think of a better time for them to be working together for the good of the nation

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Agree. Gladys has to work with the other States and go hard and go fast with Lock downs. Just like Vic. S.A. Qld. ACT. N.T . TAS. WA. COM'ON MAN.

smitty_r51

Agree. Gladys has to work with the other States and go hard and go fast with Lock downs. Just like Vic. S.A. Qld. ACT. N.T . TAS. WA. COM'ON MAN.
but then she would have to admit she was wrong in the first place. most of this outbreak in NSW is because she told everyone else they didn't need lockdowns and now she has to save face!