What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

discomatt

I have been saying for years that drug use needs to be treated as a physical and mental health issue not as a criminal issue, except for trafficking which should remain as criminal behavior.
Marijuana should be treated like tobacco except you should be allowed to grow small amounts for personal use.
This would reduce policing costs, criminal behavior from dealers and users but the big benefit would be for users health.
This has been proven to work in multiple countries that have adopted this approach.

synchro

The ACT has done this with Marijuana but as law enforcement is by the Feds and it is an offence at the Federal level it makes it hard for the individual to know whether it is legal or not

John U

I think if you're generally behaving yourself, not making it blatantly obvious, not selling it, and not doing it under the nose of the police, then the police don't have a major problem with it. Big generalisation but people indulge in the occasional bit of marijuana would generally be no trouble to anyone. Alcohol would cause more problems for society.
Crime probably only becomes involved with distribution. A good reason for the government to do it.

John U

Biggest issue I have with Marijuana is that it affects some people badly, I have had to work with a band in the 80's & 90's whilst certain people surrounding me smoked MaryJane and I succumbed to it via passive smoking, unfortunately I was not in a position to do anything about it otherwise I would have plunged the band into darkness, but it made me very sick for a couple of weeks with chronic migraines.

Marijuana is not a simple drug and I know many people including my brother who used it to go on to bigger and worse things, it made them very paranoid and in fact my brother never came good from the effects of it.

Working in the nightclub industry those that smoked & drank were impossible to control when they ticked off and personally witnessed some keep fighting with broken jaws, cracked ribs and other serious injuries.

just my opinion

cheers
My opinion, the gateway drug argument is misunderstood. Marijuana isn’t a gateway. People smoke it and go no further. Some people move onto harder stuff which was potentially inevitable for those individuals. It’s better than individuals skipping marijuana and going straight to heroin and overdosing.

Chatty

I know in the dry aboriginal towns the cops don’t mind them having a choof as is does not make them rowdy and possibly violent like the alcohol can often do.
Yeah, but the problem is the stuff that the Mary Jane can be laced with.
We once got some "supplies" donated to us by a member of the Bandidos (long story) - we couldn't handle it as it had been laced with something.

Albynsw

We once got some "supplies" donated to us by a member of the Bandidos (long story) - we couldn't handle it as it had been laced with something.

They grow there own up there so not such an issue but I get what you are saying

discomatt

That is extremely rare because it is more profitable in the long run to sell the something as a separate product and the average choofer hates getting that surprise kick so also not good business practice.
As far as previous comments on some have very adverse affects that is true I have know 2 people who can not smoke pot, both have or had preexisting mental health issues which the pot worsened dramatically. One sadly committed suicide as a young man after being turned away from health services due to demand, I will add that his death had nothing to do with smoking pot as he was diagnosed before smoking and passed years after smoking.
Generally speaking the most damage caused by long term drug use is from amphetamines, opioids and alcohol not weed

Rusty Panels

I was ticked off some time back because I joined the Ford Everest Owners site and all I saw was tumbleweeds rolling down the page and could hear the crickets chirping as there was absolutely nobody home!
I asked the question "Where is everyone?" but there was no reply!
Then I asked the same question on this site and was immediately guided to the face burp page where the Everest Club now resides.
As I have been after some info specific to Everests I reluctantly opened a face burp account so I could swap information with my peers.
What a joke!
I'm now ashamed of owning one. These guys think hard core tracks are one's where you might spill your latte in your lap. They are whinging and whining because they end up with a sore elbow cause the window sill isn't sufficiently padded. They think the only reason they need a 2 inch lift is because the girlfriend's wearing stilettos.
I admit I don't want to drag my door handles through the sides of cuttings and damage my bodywork but honestly? Why don't real men drive Everests?
Just because there's no McDonalds or Coffee shop around doesn't mean your in a remote area!!!!!

mikehzz

I was ticked off some time back because I joined the Ford Everest Owners site and all I saw was tumbleweeds rolling down the page and could hear the crickets chirping as there was absolutely nobody home!
I asked the question "Where is everyone?" but there was no reply!
Then I asked the same question on this site and was immediately guided to the face burp page where the Everest Club now resides.
As I have been after some info specific to Everests I reluctantly opened a face burp account so I could swap information with my peers.
What a joke!
I'm now ashamed of owning one. These guys think hard core tracks are one's where you might spill your latte in your lap. They are whinging and whining because they end up with a sore elbow cause the window sill isn't sufficiently padded. They think the only reason they need a 2 inch lift is because the girlfriend's wearing stilettos.
I admit I don't want to drag my door handles through the sides of cuttings and damage my bodywork but honestly? Why don't real men drive Everests?
Just because there's no McDonalds or Coffee shop around doesn't mean your in a remote area!!!!!
They're not a bad car for taking your boyfriend for a spin in the country..... :D :D

Sorry mate, I couldn't resist. Lol!

Rusty Panels

I checked the mail this morning and opened an envelope with a $123 traffic infringement notice for a speed camera offence that supposedly occurred a few weeks ago.
The alleged offence was for my wife's car which is registered in my name.

My wife travels to Wollongong from home every fortnight to do her mum's shopping and check on her well being. She has to travel through the armpit called Nowra which is where the alleged speed camera offence occurred.

The distance from the south end to the north end of Nowra is about 10 k's all of which is a 70kph zone. The only exception being a school zone at the north end. There is a well known speed camera situated in the middle of Nowra at the intersection of East Street (aka Princes Hwy) and Moss Street. The speed limit is 70 as stated.
I read the infringement notice and it gave the location to be northbound on East street at 7:30 am the photo showed my wife's car travelling at 69kph. It also stated that this was speeding as it reckoned the speed limit is 60.
I did some checking in case there has been a change to the speed limits but that is not the case. The speed limit is 70kph and has been for many years.
I have obtained photographic evidence to this fact and presented it to the infringement people along with a request for them to quash any infringements.

What cheeses me off about this is that the road through Nowra has massive amounts of traffic each way every day. I would hazard a guess that the bloke who serviced the camera last has set it to a limit of 60kph when it should have been 70. How many people would have received speeding fines when they weren't speeding? How many would have paid these fines without reading the notice carefully?

ScreenHunter 224.jpg

100 metres before camera

smitty_r51

We got one for the m5 motorway. In her car. That was garaged as we were camping in the snowy mountains. 4 phone calls to get that over turned.

How many people just pay it, especially given the wording that implies larger fines if you challenge it and lose

Swaggie

I checked the mail this morning and opened an envelope with a $123 traffic infringement notice for a speed camera offence that supposedly occurred a few weeks ago.
The alleged offence was for my wife's car which is registered in my name.

My wife travels to Wollongong from home every fortnight to do her mum's shopping and check on her well being. She has to travel through the armpit called Nowra which is where the alleged speed camera offence occurred.

The distance from the south end to the north end of Nowra is about 10 k's all of which is a 70kph zone. The only exception being a school zone at the north end. There is a well known speed camera situated in the middle of Nowra at the intersection of East Street (aka Princes Hwy) and Moss Street. The speed limit is 70 as stated.
I read the infringement notice and it gave the location to be northbound on East street at 7:30 am the photo showed my wife's car travelling at 69kph. It also stated that this was speeding as it reckoned the speed limit is 60.
I did some checking in case there has been a change to the speed limits but that is not the case. The speed limit is 70kph and has been for many years.
I have obtained photographic evidence to this fact and presented it to the infringement people along with a request for them to quash any infringements.

What cheeses me off about this is that the road through Nowra has massive amounts of traffic each way every day. I would hazard a guess that the bloke who serviced the camera last has set it to a limit of 60kph when it should have been 70. How many people would have received speeding fines when they weren't speeding? How many would have paid these fines without reading the notice carefully?

View attachment 69946
100 metres before camera

Cmon on buddy our economy is covid. Someone has to make up for all this spending, let’s face it China won’t pay there bill .... Be a sport... :D

If what you’re saying is true and i have no reason to think otherwise It’s legalised robbery. Also your time to prove your right because they were wrong. Goodluck with it.

Chatty

Ah, but it's all about safety, not revenue raising, don't you know? I'm shocked that you could think otherwise :rolleyes:

I haven't received one for a few years now, but as I recall the wording on the infringement notice is designed to make you avoid fighting the fine as it implies that your fine will jump to several thousands of dollars if you do.

Rusty Panels

Cmon on buddy our economy is covid. Someone has to make up for all this spending, let’s face it China won’t pay there bill .... Be a sport... :D

If what you’re saying is true and i have no reason to think otherwise It’s legalised robbery. Also your time to prove your right because they were wrong. Goodluck with it.
It's absolutely true. The whole stretch of road is 70kph and well posted. The notice claims it's 60.
I'll let them take me to court if they want. Apart from the fact I wasn't even in the car no laws were broken.
As far as the economy goes I reckon the pollies could afford to forgo their next pay rise and maybe even chip in a dollar or two to bring us back into the black!