What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

dno67

Grrrrr moment.
Leave Perth boxing day back to Darwin. About 100km sth of Broome BOOM..... #$^/÷ tyre. Rear axle inside which in the process destroys a air bag. No problem IT'S only 12.30am and still about 30'C and humid. :mad:
Spare on, into Broome borrow a airbag from a mate, not quite right but it'll do. So thinking nothing of it, continue on to Darwin.
Darwin ( new yrs day ) heading back for Perth. BOOM west of hells crack sorry halls ck. You gotta be $hipping me. It 11.30pm
Nope this time front axle inside tyre same side as the other tyre.
Not real prob still got another spare.
So I start slowly thinking to myself 2 tyres same side both inside prob hit / scrapped something on the rd. But not that I could recall. Anyway all changed, homemade shower and bed (out of hrs).
So still in good spirts cause alllll gotta be good now as when I arrive in Perth tomorrow I'll sort it all out.

Hmmmmmmmm allllll good hey.
BOOOOM, BLOODY another 1....yep that makes 3 $/#@ tyres. But nowwww NO spare.....
But i manage to i rob 1 off a passing truck (thanks mate)..

Now how'd all this happen....
CHEAP (errrrr) tyres.
HOT days. and HEAT build up. Nothing new but man I have never had them go so rapidly. And yes I drive to the conditions hotter it gets the slower I go.
Yes they were the cheaper end of the quality chain and getting close to the wear points but stillllll, it normally just less milages from them. Butt these 1 REALLY couldn't handle the heat once they started to wear. PS Steers tyres are ALWAYS quality brands. Blowing a steer an't what I call fun....

So yeah.
It cheesed me off changing 1 tyre let alone 3. Welllllll I hope only 3 not in yet......

Joe
What name tyre ?
Most reports from the tyre services down here, recon there mostly the same tyre just
manufactured with a different sidewall imprint. Apparently they can add and remove the brand / sidewall info depending on who wants what.

callmejoe

What name tyre ?
Most reports from the tyre services down here, recon there mostly the same tyre just
manufactured with a different sidewall imprint. Apparently they can add and remove the brand / sidewall info depending on who wants what.
A tyre I am now not friends with.

They were called

BEFRIEND yes befriend

Marck

Funnel web spiders. I have to walk out in the dark to the garbage bin every night and really watch where I'm stepping. They're big buggers this year. I'm normally a catch and release type of guy but for them I make an exception and turn them into pancakes. We used to take them to a collection centre to be milked but the local doesn't do it anymore. It's a bit dodgy trying to catch them without getting bitten anyway, they're scary aggressive critters.
Go to Bunnings buy a pair of long gloves a chemical sprayer and a couple of packets of coopex. Spray it around where your little mates are hanging around and don’t be shy. Leave it for a couple of days and then lightly spray it down with the hose. It is residual for a couple of months. I used it once 5 years ago to Controll ticks. I covered the grass areas in the house yard and hapeavily spayed the fence lines as a bit of a barrier. I swept up about 40 spiders from my deck ( I didn’t intended on the spider cull but that year you couldn’t walk on the grass without getting a tick on you. 5 years later I had to spray for ticks again this year but that’s because they started coming in on the dog.

A side warning is the stuff is deadly to cats so don’t let them walk in it when it’s wet.

M

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hailstones... 6 week old car... Every panel dented
Shoot mate I’m up here in Brissy doing hail pdr.
Suppose you have insurance but painful process and a hassle in general.

So that happened in ACT ?
There might be 2 - 3 weeks up here, was Gold Coast storms 2 nights before Christmas, but previous week Sydney region storms there is apparently about 18 months expected pdr hail work to do.

I might head there after Bris, and a week or so at home doing my work there.

smitty_r51

Shoot mate I’m up here in Brissy doing hail pdr.
Suppose you have insurance but painful process and a hassle in general.

So that happened in ACT ?
There might be 2 - 3 weeks up here, was Gold Coast storms 2 nights before Christmas, but previous week Sydney region storms there is apparently about 18 months expected pdr hail work to do.

I might head there after Bris, and a week or so at home doing my work there.
Bloody hell that's no good.
Just a couple of storm cells came through @Les PK Ranger. Just bad luck they went through the wifes work and did all those cars... Guessing it did the three new car dealers forecourts as well. Might be some work for you!!

Yeah insurance is in, assessors on Tuesday, see what they say. Pearlescent paint as well so it will be a bugger if they want to patch it to match the panels. Will cost me the excess and it has cost me a takeaway meal as she is too gutted to cook.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Bummer just unlucky.
Would you believe . . .

The day I drove through ACT, then Sydney doing deliveries a couple of weeks back, I stayed at BILs place with his family at Gosford Nth.
It bucketed down / massive thunder and lightning there that night, and the next, but I left to drive to Brissy next day.
2 suburbs over golf ball size hail.

Next few nights stayed with @mauriceb on the Gold Coast and think it was second night there, yep, big storm, we got very heavy rain again and massive winds, but a lot of the GC got hail of various size.

Seems to be following me !!

Best on the pdr repair, if they’re good you won’t know.
Depends obviously on hail (dent) size and characteristics, as well as things like body line hits / cracked paint if really large hail concerned.

Synchro

I am in Canberra and got one very small dent on the LR bonnet and one on the roof - really not worth worrying about. The cheap and nasty Hyundai with its thin metal got about 10 dents on its roof again given the car is worth very little it will not be worth fixing.

Albynsw

I am in Canberra and got one very small dent on the LR bonnet and one on the roof - really not worth worrying about. The cheap and nasty Hyundai with its thin metal got about 10 dents on its roof again given the car is worth very little it will not be worth fixing.
Isn’t your LR bonnet Aluminum?

smitty_r51

If you do decide to repair them talk to Matt at reflex smart repairs he is up at bonner but will come out, done some good work on my 4x4 battle damage!

Synchro

Isn’t your LR bonnet Aluminum?
All steel.

Smitty - thanks for the recommendation but not worth getting fixed - can hardly notice it and just look like a rock from Canberra's newly tarred roads has landed on it - you know the ones where they fix the roads and leave the blue metal on it for the car's tyres to remove - and then the blue metal in the road is complemented with glass from broken windscreens.

smitty_r51

All steel.

Smitty - thanks for the recommendation but not worth getting fixed - can hardly notice it and just look like a rock from Canberra's newly tarred roads has landed on it - you know the ones where they fix the roads and leave the blue metal on it for the car's tyres to remove - and then the blue metal in the road is complemented with glass from broken windscreens.
Yeah I only did mine as it had cracked the paint... See what they say for the hail damage on the new one... Just found out the bonnet is aluminium... Explains why it shows such a pounding compared to the rest of the vehicle.

Bummer just unlucky.
Would you believe . . .

The day I drove through ACT, then Sydney doing deliveries a couple of weeks back, I stayed at BILs place with his family at Gosford Nth.
It bucketed down / massive thunder and lightning there that night, and the next, but I left to drive to Brissy next day.
2 suburbs over golf ball size hail.

Next few nights stayed with @mauriceb on the Gold Coast and think it was second night there, yep, big storm, we got very heavy rain again and massive winds, but a lot of the GC got hail of various size.

Seems to be following me !!
Good for business if you can sort hail damage to occur as you get there!!

Albynsw

All steel.

Do they mix it up a bit between models? The ones I had did but they were HSE not sports.