What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

hiluxdriver

Hard Yakka ,
We sold out to China , lost jobs and get crap at half the price.
They fit like crap and wear out within 6 months , unless you are unlucky enough to snag it and tear it to shreds sooner :(
They used to be the real deal and you could get 2 or 3 years out of a set of pants .
I guess its just the way of the world , Bunnings style :(
Id happily back up to $150 for a good solid well fitting pair of work pants that would last a few years .
Its a joke and we are the suckers whether we like it or not .
View attachment 57308

11 do tough work jeans at the safety shops.

hiluxdriver

Yeah I've got about 3 pairs of stretch Jean's I've had for about 2 years, bought another 3 this year as the older ones are getting on a bit. They did some hard time on a station but now do easy time in a truck. I don't like heavy drill pants anymore as my nuts feel like they're cooking. These jeans feel good a don't choke the dangle berries

Albynsw

Hard Yakka ,
We sold out to China , lost jobs and get crap at half the price.
They fit like crap and wear out within 6 months , unless you are unlucky enough to snag it and tear it to shreds sooner :(
They used to be the real deal and you could get 2 or 3 years out of a set of pants .
I guess its just the way of the world , Bunnings style :(
Id happily back up to $150 for a good solid well fitting pair of work pants that would last a few years .
Its a joke and we are the suckers whether we like it or not .
View attachment 57308

Just ordering a couple of King Gee pants today , yes the quality is not the same

dno67

Yeah I've got about 3 pairs of stretch Jean's I've had for about 2 years, bought another 3 this year as the older ones are getting on a bit. They did some hard time on a station but now do easy time in a truck. I don't like heavy drill pants anymore as my nuts feel like they're cooking. These jeans feel good a don't choke the dangle berries
I just go the cheapo stretch jeans from harris scarf, $30.00 a pair and get about a year and a half or two out of a pair.

Spooner

Dumb arse of the week award goes to me.
Left the windows half down the other day in the heat. When I got back in I couldn't get the passenger side to go back up. Had a storm coming and spent a couple of hours checking fuses and pulling things apart.
Ended up covering the door with plastic so it didn't get drenched inside. Went to local mechanic. Your power regulator is stuffed. They #@&! Up all the time. Ordered a new one.
The next day I noticed a small button down near my arm rest. I never really noticed it. Thought it was a inside door lock. Pushed it anyway and presto , window goes up and down.
Nice work dickhead. Must have knocked it with my elbow when I got in.
Egg on face all round lol :)

Albynsw

Just had three RFS fire trucks rock up at home for the second time in three weeks.
I have a fire permit and have been burning off some of the rubbish from my land clearing. Somebody rings 000 and they must attend, I don’t get the protocol,
You do the right thing and get a permit but the result is just the same, nobody cross references a permit to smoke coming from an area and make a phone call to check if all is ok rather than wasting so much attending the area.

There has to be a better way of doing it.

typhoeus

Just had three RFS fire trucks rock up at home for the second time in three weeks.
I have a fire permit and have been burning off some of the rubbish from my land clearing. Somebody rings 000 and they must attend, I don’t get the protocol,
You do the right thing and get a permit but the result is just the same, nobody cross references a permit to smoke coming from an area and make a phone call to check if all is ok rather than wasting so much attending the area.

The guys just want to go for a run!!

Dumb arse of the week award goes to me.
Left the windows half down the other day in the heat. When I got back in I couldn't get the passenger side to go back up. Had a storm coming and spent a couple of hours checking fuses and pulling things apart.
Ended up covering the door with plastic so it didn't get drenched inside. Went to local mechanic. Your power regulator is stuffed. They #@&! Up all the time. Ordered a new one.
The next day I noticed a small button down near my arm rest. I never really noticed it. Thought it was a inside door lock. Pushed it anyway and presto , window goes up and down.
Nice work dickhead. Must have knocked it with my elbow when I got in.
Egg on face all round lol :)
First thoughts were the "Dumb Arse of the Week Award" goes to the mechanic!
But on second thoughts..... just maybe... he was going to flick the small button, tell you the power regulator has been replaced and pockets a few easy bucks.
Now that...… that gets the "Smart Arse of the Week Award".

I live about 146.5yards away from the local fire warden, he issues the permits to burn. The instructions here are you ring 1300-Smokey-Bear and tell them you are about to unleash the Great Red Pyromaniacs Devil and quote your location of desired mass destruction, time of said destruction. When Dora the Do-gooder rings the Triple Zip because she sees smoke, somehow somewhere, as if by magic 1300-Smokey-Bear don't get he knickers twisted an send them little red and blue flashing lights.

Either someone loopy and not giving clear instructions with a permit? Or, you need to be aware of your obligations under that permit to tell Dora Do-gooder next door you are burning, and the relevant Branch of Smokey-Bears as applicable under your states guidelines?

Albynsw

The rules here are you get a permit that is valid for 3 weeks and you need to notify your neighbors on the days you burn but not the authorities
So when someone rings 000 there is no cross reference done and the flashing lights just turn up :rolleyes:

There are fines for burning without a permit but the result of whether you have a permit or not are the same.........3 trucks and 15 men get deployed regardless
Seems such a stupid system.

I do not reside in NSW, but a quick peruse of Dr Google >

The permit issuing Officer may add any conditions deemed as necessary but all permits have standard conditions that are listed on the permit form, such as:

• the permit is to be carried by the permit holder, or another person at all times at the site of the fire.
  • the fire must be supervised at all times.
  • notifications are given to the NSW RFS, and adjoining neighbours at least 24 hours prior to the fire being lit and
  • the permit may be varied, cancelled or suspended, depending on weather conditions.
which, appear to be not that far dissimilar to here, placing the onus on the ''fire lighter''? Amongst 15 'crew' surely one would raise the question, ''Why are we here, when you have a permit?" No?

I know damn sure when we arrived at a permitted fire, under lights and siren, questions were asked because the First Officer asked them!!:eek: