Change background image

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ChallengeLee, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

That's why I bring one of these

375506.jpg

On another note, wonders how many Idiots light fires with it hitting 40 degrees tom..

Spooner likes this.
  2. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

None of its good, and the end result the same, but at least idiots who BBQ or burn off arent deliberately trying to burn the state. With 40+ in the 3 states known for fires, Im guessing some lowlife oxygen thief is well on his way to deliberately starting a serious fire.

3. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I guess we will find out then , but rest assured their is always a few .

4. 2cents

2cents New Member

What cheeses me of is all those emails from the 4wd centre it`s almost harassment.
    And when you do spot a good deal to go into the bricks and mortar shop (in Adelaide) is a waste of time as they do not honor
    internet pricing because they are an outlet and have to add their margins.
    Have unsubscribed about 3 times now, fingers crossed

barcher likes this.
  5. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

Really? Whats the mark up?

6. 2cents

2cents New Member

Spotted a set of drawers for $375 online went to the Adelaide store to be told I could have a set for $495.
    Told them about the internet special to be told shouldn`t buy them of the internet because if something went wrong with them I would
    have to ship them back at my expense and it would cost more in the long run.
    Needless to say I did not buy anything.
    It did not sound right so I rang the main store/head office in NSW and they confirmed that`s how it was
    as some stores are outlets only and they have their own mark up.
    Dodgy false advertising I reckon!

7. abw

abw Well-Known Member

I've bought a few of their stuff picked up at Superior offroad in Sydney. I just printed out the 4wd supacentre ad and they honored the price. So I suppose it varies from store to store. best calling beforehand (also to check if they have it in stock).

8. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

I looked after I responded to your post and noticed they are listed as outlets not company stores but no reference to variance in price which isnt good. Could be that the company deals with the outlets in the same way it does customers, but where can you source drawers, and sell under $500 and make money? Not saying the difference in price is fair, just why they might deal with the company reluctantly. In the end, if they stock $1000 drawers, they wont sell many and market choices dictates their position.

Probably charge the outlet for return costs, the company isnt the most accommodating bunch to deal with.

Could be they just have a more professional approach to bad luck, like selling at cost. ALthough theyve been at the lower cost for a quite a while now. I paid $495 for mine, a couple weeks later they were under $400, then back up to like $475 or similar. Now it seems the standard price is under $400.

9. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

Some of them are resellers and not company owned stores so not related
    A lot of companies are set up like that where their online store is unrelated and a seperate franchise to the bricks and mortar stores. No problem with that as long as they make it clear it is on line pricing only.

10. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

Their Qld stores and Victorian store are company, same pricing instore as online. Its just they havent opened a store in Syd or Adelaide yet. Which is surprising, head office was located in Silvania Waters or similar when I had to sort out some recall issues.

Edit: Silverwater.

Albynsw likes this.
  11. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

You don't want the magazine side of that mob to get a hold of your phone
    number then. There like vultures.

callmejoe and Michael Baker like this.
  12. 03hilux

03hilux 4x4 Earth Contributer

People wanting to move Australia Day. Seriously.
    Why not move Christmas or New years Day, or Mothers Day, or Fathers Day, or Labour Day, or Autism Day, or Chinese New Year, Greek New Year, or Winter Solstice, or Summer Solstice, Red nose Day, Hanuka Day, Jeans for Genes Day.
    Why? Why? Why?
    Because nobody really gives a F@#K! what day they happen.

If any day should be moved its MONDAY. Nobody likes Mondays. Just be gone with them altogether I say.

Spooner, 80lover96gxl, GaryM and 5 others like this.
  13. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't know if changing it will really solve any issues for those that are hung up about it. The ' invasion date' will still exist and that is not what people are celebrating on the day anyway.
    Any issues or grievances that are held by some won't be settled that easily

03hilux and Jaye like this.
  14. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

I became an Aussie on the 12th of July a while back, so I want an "I became an Aussie on the 12th of July Day".
    Seeing it falls on a Thursday this year I want Thursday and Friday to be declared public Holidays.
    I still intend to celebrate on the 26th January as well as maybe thirty or forty other days.
    The rest of the year I will just drink alone.:).

03hilux, 80lover96gxl and GaryM like this.
  15. hiluxdriver

hiluxdriver Well-Known Member

They thought that about the gay marriage shyte just recently. No-one cares but let's have a postal vote and see if we need to move it.

03hilux likes this.
  16. barcher

barcher Well-Known Member

The way the Vic Govt dishes out public holidays, I reckon you should have a crack at that.
    P.S. not jealous or bitter. LOL

rogerazz likes this.
  17. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

I don't care when we celebrate it. In actual fact, there is very little correlation between dates and the holidays we celebrate. The Queen's Birthday isn't in June, it is very unlikely that Jesus was born on the 25th December, and it was decided in 325AD when Easter would be celebrated, a guess involving the Jewish Passover, itself an event that didn't make the Egyptian history records even after all the deadly plagues and the loss of every first born child and animal. Australia became a country on 1st January 1901. How inconvenient? We already have a holiday on New Year's day. I personally don't see how the indigenous people will ever be able to celebrate Australia Day as it is intertwined at a molecular level with the so called British invasion. Perhaps we can become a Republic and choose a non offending date for everyone that doesn't coincide with any other holiday or dastardly event? It worked for the Americans. I reckon a holiday in early August would be nice.

Jaye and Albynsw like this.
  18. 2cents

2cents New Member

I think it should not be changed however if they are going to change it somewhere between July and October would be good.
    as there are none between that time and a long time between drinks.
    Also won`t be long and we will not be able to have mother`s and father`s day as they probably need to be none gender specific.
    Just wait!

19. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Historically, we only really started celebrating it in 1994. Its a contentious date at other levels too....it could be called "unload the convicts day". :) My personal preference would have been to celebrate the day we became Australia, not the day we became the penal colony of New South Wales. Historically the first landing was around the 18th january in Botany Bay, but relocated to Sydney Cove on the 26th. Have a read about the 150 year celebration in 1938, it was a disgrace.

20. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Dont be suprised if most of those that oppose the 26th of january being Australia day still take next friday off work, dispite being so against the notion.

Personally im quite happy to keep it on the 26th of jan, and quite happy to celebrate with a bbq and several refreshments with like minded folk.

rogerazz likes this.