Change background image

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ChallengeLee, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Didn't realise you'd lose your job..............OT it is then :D:D:D:D
    Mr Rum likes this.
  2. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

Not more trains!:eek:

I can’t get away from the bloody things..

Because I have nothing better to do at the moment, here’s where I am, and the first vehicle next to the level crossing on the google image is actually my HiLux...

I’m proper over it now.

One hour, thirty two minutes.
    GaryM likes this.
  3. smitty_r51

smitty_r51 Well-Known Member

This isn't the where am i thread...
    GaryM and Mr Rum like this.
  4. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

No, but it is cheesing me off. A LOT!

EDIT: For what it’s worth, I ended up sitting there three minutes shy of two and a half hours...
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  5. Marck

Marck Well-Known Member

I understand your pain I regularly sit outside of a gate that I have keys for sometimes for hours waiting for a guy to come and give me a 6 didgit number and a signature.
  6. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

So what happened, lights fixed, train got there, or just go around?
  7. Mr Rum

Mr Rum Well-Known Member

Oh boy, well here’s the whole story.
    I started making calls pretty soon after I realised something was wrong. I was told the system was showing two freight trains further up the track. A little while later, another phone call told me that though the system was showing two trains, there was really only one, and that they were working to get it moving, and expected it to take around ten minutes.
    They probably did get it moving within that time, but because the system was showing the phantom train in the way, they had to travel the few kilometres from there to where I was slowly (a little faster than walking pace), meaning I didn’t see it for another forty minutes.
    The freight mob believed the passing train would reset the system and problem solved, but no.

After two hours, I made yet another call, and this time someone was listening. They contacted the people responsible for the freight line (again), and a qualified crew was finally organised to come out to act as lookout, and let me drive around the barrier.

The problem was, the freight line is privately run, and though there were plenty of crew around qualified to do “lookout working” on the suburban network (myself included), it doesn’t allow us to do the same on their track. It goes both ways too, and the freight guys can’t do squat on the suburban lines either.
    The other problem was the lack of local resources, as that freight line is operated out of Junee, and the qualified crew that was eventually sent out came from Mittagong.

It’s all a little crazy, but as they say, there’s a right way, a wrong way, and the railway.

Oh, and one last thing. This is what greeted me when I got to work this morning..
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    abw and smitty_r51 like this.
  8. Bomber2012

WCMO is cyclists who think they own the road ............. i should of bowled him over .:mad::mad::mad:
  9. 03hilux

03hilux 4x4 Earth Contributer

Holidays! Holidays sh1t me. You go one one then have to go back to work to be able to afford the next holiday.
    Pleeeease, someone tell me that I'm not the only person without a money tree.
  10. smitty_r51

When you do get back no bugger had done anything and you have 3 weeks of work to catch up
    03hilux likes this.
  11. Blue_haired_man

Blue_haired_man Well-Known Member

Well there is money trees but when you get caught with those you get an extended holiday while everyone else who pays taxes foots the bill, go figure.
    But in all honesty I bought a farm a few years ago to run cattle and haven’t had a holiday in over two years. I can’t afford to put my hand in my own pocket because some other bastard has always got their hand in it! But at least I enjoy doing it.
    Cheers Leo
    03hilux, tankbloke and Albynsw like this.
  12. abw

abw Well-Known Member

What cheeses me off? How NRMA roadside membership costs me nearly $200 per year. And they (nrma) then piss $10 million away on EV charging stations for the 0.1% who one of these things!
    NRMA announces EV charging network
    mikehzz likes this.
  13. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Supercheap auto in Penrith have 2 car park spaces out front of the store with charging outlets reserved for Ev's only. They are the spots with the cobwebs. :)
  14. itlldoo

itlldoo Well-Known Member

system needs to improve a lot first ! just doing a bit of research.......
    Time to charge an electric car can take as little as 30 minutes or up to 12 hours. The time it takes to charge depends on the size of the battery and the speed of the charging point.

• A typical electric car (Nissan LEAF 30kWh) takes 4 hours to charge from empty with a 7kW home charging point.
    • 3.7kW home charger provides about 15 miles per hour of charge.
    • 7kW home charger provides about 30 miles per hour of charge.
    • A rapid charger at motorway service stations can charge your car to full in about 30 minutes and is ideal for long distance journeys.

• Charging rates can differ based on the ambient temperature, the state of the battery (e.g. empty or half full) and the maximum charging rate of the vehicle.

• upload_2017-10-21_7-52-8.jpeg

For example, the average price for electricity per kilowatt hour (kWh) in Australia is about $0.25 and it takes around 18 kWh to travel 100km in an average EV. So, it will cost approximately $4.50 in electricity charges to travel 100km2.
      Charging your electric vehicle - Ergon Energy
    abw likes this.
  15. smitty_r51

We have a couple at work (leaf)
    It is fine to drive, just a big go kart, but jeez that range to empty comes down fast... Fully charged in a morning it has 150km. Run it 25km each way around Canberra and it will be at 30km range left when i Park it... Air con on or lights and it comes down quicker... If it is wet out and i am going to need lights, wipers and demisters i take one of the diesels instead.

And it is not like you can just walk to the servo and pick up 4kw to get you home
    Mr Rum, abw, Albynsw and 1 other person like this.
  16. Bomber2012

What cheeses me off is imbeciles like this that trash the bush .
    Then the clowns post it on you tube .
    Hope they get pinged and fined , keep these morons out of the bush .
    mikehzz likes this.
  17. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Just replied to their video after you Luke, bloody idiots.
    Bomber2012 likes this.
  18. smitty_r51

Given cox's,river is a nsw park and it has rego plates on the video I would suggest sending it through to nswparks for their perusal, hopefully a bug fine will learn them a lesson
    abw, Bomber2012, 80lover96gxl and 3 others like this.
  19. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

Farken idiots
    Bomber2012 and 80lover96gxl like this.
  20. richardlnsw

richardlnsw Moderator

At the 3 second mark there is a phone number at the bottom for Mammo photography.... wonder if it belongs to one of those dheads??? I would say so.
    Bomber2012 likes this.