Change background image

What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ChallengeLee, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Dieseldog

Dieseldog Member

What cheeses me off, is when you sign up to a forum to have your say, or to vent, and you end up with dickheads bagging you!
    oldlux, rogerazz and mikehzz like this.
  2. Dieseldog

Dieseldog Member

Oh, and by the mikehzz, it wasn't so much the water. That was just to give an idea of how bad it was. It was the beers that upset me more. But glass takes a little longer to show sign of wear. But that's only science.
    mikehzz likes this.
  3. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Hang in mate, just like I did. Even though I am one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet I still get canned. I am not in the habit of negativity, put downs etc. but I have weathered the storm.
    However sometimes you do have to give as good as you get and the boys (and girls) mostly love the banter.:).
    Anyway, what cheeses me off are people who disagree with me, even though I know I am right.:rolleyes:
    03hilux and Bomber2012 like this.
  4. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

Mate, the water bottles weren't cutting it for me....but the beers, fair dinkum, its an emergency situation :eek:
    Bomber2012, rogerazz and abw like this.
  5. hiluxdriver

hiluxdriver Well-Known Member

And the 4wds kitted out with ARB everything that have somehow "taken it to next level". Whatever level that is.
    komaterpillar likes this.
  6. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

"the next level" ?????? I agree WTF is the next level ?? seem to be reading it everywhere , shits me too .
    hiluxdriver likes this.
  7. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

What cheeses me off is 4WD supacentre emails , I cannot count how many times I have clicked "unsubscribe" but I still receive at least 2 a day .
    Would I have a case for electronic stalking ?
  8. 2002GU3

2002GU3 Well-Known Member

"the next level" is the one that comes after the previous level !!! ( sorry, couldn't resist )
    Bomber2012 and komaterpillar like this.
  9. hiluxdriver

Is the criteria to judge what level your 4wd on managed by the state or is it national? If possible I'd rather be in a state where my 4wd is on a higher level - for bragging rights of course.
  10. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

A lot of those 4wds that get fitted out by the dealer before being picked up by the purchaser
    are to make the accessories tax deductible.
    Bomber2012 likes this.
  11. itlldoo

itlldoo Well-Known Member

I'm on my own level,:cool:
    Bomber2012 likes this.
  12. ShaunOz

ShaunOz Active Member

Country towns without a bakery. I love a rough pasty on the road. Nothing worse than going through Port Augusta and the best grub found is a floppy servo hotdog :mad:
    barcher likes this.
  13. GaryM

GaryM Well-Known Member

This is common. Decent roadhouses used to be everywhere and open all night. You cover a lot of miles now to find them. Damn those super servos, with maccas and 15 types of fast junk food etc. Not one, worth its salt. Alright, maybe theres 1.

Am i wearing rose coloured glasses or am I right? I swear roadhouses on the major highways had great food. A welcome part of any roadtrip used to be the roadhouse.
    Blue_haired_man and ShaunOz like this.
  14. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

What we have now is the same everywhere. You can go to a Macca's in Europe and it's almost the same as here...the kids even speak English. Things used to be different, literally. Shops were different in Victoria to NSW. Now the difference is negligible and finding variety is very hard.
    ShaunOz and Bomber2012 like this.
  15. tankbloke

tankbloke 4x4 Earth Contributer

People that use the wrong tool for the job.:mad:
    Was really pleased when I heard on the news Adrian Bayley had been stabbed in prison, turns out some numpty stabbed him with a fork and caused minor injuries only.
    Fork instead of Shiv, screwdriver instead of a chisel, the list goes on...use the right bloody tool.
  16. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

I was hoping to hear he'd been stabbed in the eye at least.
    muc the truck likes this.
  17. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

I agree - the roadhouses used to be great, but in the last 15 years or so they have all gone downhill, serving the same deep fried crap from the freezer.
  18. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

When you think about it, "any meal that doesn't come on a plate is questionable"
  19. ShaunOz

ShaunOz Active Member

Is wrapped in a pastry an acception :D:p
  20. hiluxdriver

There are still some very decent ones about. Sandfire Roadhouse in WA is pretty good, simple and well cooked meals at inflated prices. Nanutarra Roadhouse is one of the worst. Simple poorly cooked meals priced double what would have already been inflated prices and 20 cents a ltr more for fuel.

There is another one I can't remember the name of at Fitzroy Crossing that didn't even get the devil wings under the heat lamp right and gave me the squirts that night.

Over east you don't see roadhouses so much as it's generally not that far between a McDonalds, but in WA there are loads of them.