What Cheeses Me Off!!!!

mikehzz

Speaking of Exploroz...that's the forum you go to if you want straight answers like - "I've narrowed my choice for a new ute to either a Ranger or an Amarok, which would you pick? Answers - "Mate, out of those 2 you'd have to go the Dmax. I've had mine now for 3 months and done 68kms.....I'm still on my way home from the dealers. It's important to not rush things." :)

Rojac

The other is the complete farce called Australian Politics.

Ah Australian Politics on both sides of the political divide, where the privileged feather their own nest at the taxpayers expense whilst preaching do as we say not as we do

abw

Here's one. Recently in NSW, the government decided it needed to reform the way the Emergency levy is paid. At the moment only those who take out home insurance are charged the levy. Government said not fair..everyone should contribute. So they told us that we'll be charged (on average) $47 less a year if we all pay through our council rates. Sounded fair.

I'm paying around $90 through my insurance now. So I figured I'd only have to pay around $50 in the future. Wrong. My new levy will be closer to $250!

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Here's one. Recently in NSW, the government decided it needed to reform the way the Emergency levy is paid. At the moment only those who take out home insurance are charged the levy. Government said not fair..everyone should contribute. So they told us that we'll be charged (on average) $47 less a year if we all pay through our council rates. Sounded fair.

I'm paying around $90 through my insurance now. So I figured I'd only have to pay around $50 in the future. Wrong. My new levy will be closer to $250!

Govco are very good at this sort of double dipping / deception.
We've had similar sort of overall rises in the past since introduction of the ESL here, payable on special ESL invoice issued annually and on motor vehicle rego portion each renewal . . . can't remember if we pay it also on other bills, but assume no with our special issued one for home / property value.
I'll have to check council rate notice and home / motor vehicle insurance to confirm.
It'd be very bad if there were further charges we don't usually dig for, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was some double / triple dipping by someone.

Reactions: abw

Albynsw

The review of the Lindt cafe / Monas event and the heat the cops received.
Must be disheartening for the poor buggers. They are dammed either way when it is looked at in hindsight

Blue_haired_man

The review of the Lindt cafe / Monas event and the heat the cops received.
Must be disheartening for the poor buggers. They are dammed either way when it is looked at in hindsight
The main heat the police copped was off the media. It was great to hear that the coroner actually made a point of thanking the police who stormed the cafe, knowing that they may not be walking out. The way I read it was management and the psychiatrist who copped flack. The ones who are paid not to put their lives on the line but to send others into dangerous situations.

The DPP deserved every bit of criticism as that lowlife bastard was only on the street due to their gross mishandling of his bail hearings and utter contempt for the nsw/Australian public by not giving the magistrates all the facts when deciding whether that pig should have been locked up.
Cheers Leo

Blue_haired_man

Yes there is an imbalance in the system when there is more concern for the rights of a dubious individual than there is for the general public who become their victims
That is exactly my sentiment. How did the criminals get more rights than their victims. All I can say is they are lucky I'm not in charge.
Don't know if you guys heard but the national anthem was altered yesterday so as not to offend.

Spooner

The price of parking fines , got done at a industrial estate in Campbelfield , saw no signs in spot and jumped out for 5 mins to grab a $4.50 coffee.
Bang $155 fine in the mail , by council officer in photo car .
When I googled it , I found the signs where on the other side of each opposing drive way with the arrows pointing back :(
Would be a good money spinner for them.

dno67

Surely they wouldn't stoop this low.. Apparently this is fake news ?

http://sundayinquirer.com/2017/06/0...hapelle-corby-found-dead-in-gold-coast-hotel/
Queensland law enforcement officials said the body of Miss Corby, 39, was discovered late on Saturday, just seven days after returning to Australia.

A hotel staff member near her apartment told journalists that the convicted drug smuggler’s sister, Mercedes Corby, had burst into the hallway calling for help. The pair rushed in to find Miss Corby deceased.

untitled-300x300.png
An autopsy has been ordered to determine the cause of death, though it appeared to be a suicide, said an official with the Queensland police.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because giving details is against agency policy.

Friends of Miss Corby said she had been deeply affected by the media attention after her recent return to Australia. “She’d been through a hell of a lot and they just wanted to be left alone,” a family friend told the media.

Corby was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2005 after she was arrested the previous year in Bali with 4.1kg of cannabis inside a bodyboard bag.

letsgoplaces

Yep, sad if it is true.
She did her time and quite frankly I don't give a sh.. and haven't been following the media reporting. And especially media whore Mercedes
A Bali jail didn't make her want to top herself, but if it is true, it's suicide by media

dno67

Slow people in fast food outlets, it's the golden arch for f#$k sake. You've been there hundreds of times and
know what's on the board, but you stand there for ten minutes with your brain in your shoe every time. Probably
hoping they've come up with a new veterinarian cheese burger and your the first to have found it. NO you are
just so self consumed in going no-where fast even though it's a fast food store, get back out there in the right lane
holding the world up.
It all makes your crap yellow, just get what you had yesterday and get the F@%#^ out of everyone else's way.
Odds on you spent the last half hour talking about what you want to eat while driving there in the right lane.
No, then you stand there waiting for your order like your the only one in the store (Mrs Important) Just move your
A$se and kids to one side of the store so others can order without having to start a bl@@dy conversion with you.
They even call your ear tag number when it's ready, really stop encouraging your kids that's it's OK to swan around and the store is there's. Get your $%t together and move along in an orderly fashion, or take the drive through.
Family restaurant, my ar$e.