Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Silverstone

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 12.7%

• Total voters

Patriot

Administrator
Yeah so Coopers and Mickey Thompsons are made / distributed by the same company that was the only reason. I know they are very different tyres :)

Cruiser_Gav

I've just fitted Goodrich KM2's to my cruiser, given I haven't done much offroading on em yet, I can't give a report into their offroad performance, I can however tell you that for a full mud tyre they're really not that much noisier that the Cooper ST's I had on my Prado!!

stressless

4x4 Earth Contributer
Mickey Ts for me got ATZ 4 rib done about 50,000/60,000 with just under half tread death left.

Very happy with them.

80lover96gxl

Big fan of the dick cepek fc11's for AT's.

Got federal couragias muddies on my other truck and so far for a budget muddy they have been great.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Swaggie

The BF Goodrich are doing great considering Coopers and Mickeys are under the same umbrella. Goes to show there a great tyre.

muc the truck

Just remember guys , when some one says they have done 50,000 kms and there just under half tread it means

they have done 50,000 kms now and just under half tread , there now bordering on car like tread depth and completely useless off road compared to a new set. Its time for me to start saving for new tyres because the 4x4 off road life of the tyre is nearly over.

The only tyres you can were down to 1.5mm are tyres that never leave the bitumen. so once a 4x4 tyre is down to 6mm you may as well be driving on car tyres

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Mickey Ts for me got ATZ 4 rib done about 50,000/60,000 with just under half tread death left.

Very happy with them.

Ditto

have had them for about 4 years and they are still going well - chipped & very used but not one puncture - bugger I'll jinx myself now

Agree with you Muc, I'm a lot more susceptible to punctures now that they are worn

cheers

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I find this thread interesting as although not experienced in LT's , 4by's etc. I reckon I have had many years of experience ( over 50 years) with tyres. Yes, I keep up to date .
Especially on the black stuff, which I drive on a lot of the time.
To some , mileage/distance is important.
To me what is important.
First and most is grip for safety on bitumen and or dirt.
Seen a few 4b'ys spin out on wet roads. Could be tyre pressure, weight and / or distribution of same. However I reckon a hard compound tyre causes a lot of problems in the wet.
Soft tyres, better grip, quicker wear and tear.
Hard tyres, less grip, less wear and tear.
Just slide your hands over any tyre. Some slide easy ( hard wearing) poor grip, others slide sticky (soft wearing) good grip.
I have Maxxis, never tried others because I am new to 4by's, they feel reasonably soft so I am ok. Maybe next time I will have a good look/ feel of new tyres.
Cost may be a factor but not at the expense of safety.
Talking bitumen and dirt.
If you do need hard tyres for whatever reason then drive steady.

Swaggie

Just remember guys , when some one says they have done 50,000 kms and there just under half tread it means

they have done 50,000 kms now and just under half tread , there now bordering on car like tread depth and completely useless off road compared to a new set. Its time for me to start saving for new tyres because the 4x4 off road life of the tyre is nearly over.

The only tyres you can were down to 1.5mm are tyres that never leave the bitumen. so once a 4x4 tyre is down to 6mm you may as well be driving on car tyres

Another thing I've mentioned in the past is the rubber goes off in the sense of being rock hard, less grip on those rocky shaley outcrops and instead of moulding around them they just break off and so do the sidebiters if you have them.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Another thing I've mentioned in the past is the rubber goes off in the sense of being rock hard, less grip on those rocky shaley outcrops and instead of moulding around them they just break off and so do the sidebiters if you have them.

Hey Swaggie can you rub my tyres with moisturiser for me at Talbotville then :D:D:D

cheers

03GV

Maybet the case in a 3 tonne lump, but in a suzuki its fine:p

GXL4x4

Hi dose any one know if any tyre places are open on Sunday

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Homer72

Ran KM2's on the last Hilux and it had 70000km when I traded it. Tyres had maybe 5000km left. Awesome tyre so they went straight on the new Hilux.

Mark's iPad

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1380383136.481071.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1380383136.481071.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 82
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1380383185.171405.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1380383185.171405.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 84

profoto

Pirelli Scorpions because I spend most time on bitumen and towing, they hang on well and are super quiet, I have trundled across muddy paddocks to fix fences and they get me through OK, good on dirt roads which I travel on a couple of times a week.
For my off road they should perform OK but I'm talking just beyond the range of 2WD, I used to 4WD for work and lost interest in the harder stuff after going down the Wonnangatta twice a week.