well this sucks

pipzryd

went out again yesterday arvo...:D
was going steadily through a puddle and slipped into a deep rut... :eek:i dont have a snorkle.:rolleyes:
so, water in (IN) the engine and the car dies.
we had to get towed home and we tried to get it going.
we took the spark plugs out (was very dark by this time) and turned it over a few times.
we let it sit for an hour then tried again... it started (YAY) :D
as you could imagine it was running like crap (very loud ticking.... like a bomb lol):confused:
anyway after a good 10 minute idle i desided i needed a 6 pack for the trouble she caused....
so we went to the bottle shop around the corner.... BANG!!!!!! crunching noises etc....:eek:
i stopped and looked underneath.... lots, lots of oil....
had to ring my mate to tow us home again....
now i dont have a car.... :rolleyes:

has this ever happened to anyone else?

tankbloke

4x4 Earth Contributer
Sorry to hear that. Forget the six pack and invest in a slab of your favorite, that's my short term fix.:eek:

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
went out again yesterday arvo...:D
was going steadily through a puddle and slipped into a deep rut... :eek:i dont have a snorkle.:rolleyes:
so, water in (IN) the engine and the car dies.
we had to get towed home and we tried to get it going.
we took the spark plugs out (was very dark by this time) and turned it over a few times.
we let it sit for an hour then tried again... it started (YAY) :D
as you could imagine it was running like crap (very loud ticking.... like a bomb lol):confused:
anyway after a good 10 minute idle i desided i needed a 6 pack for the trouble she caused....
so we went to the bottle shop around the corner.... BANG!!!!!! crunching noises etc....:eek:
i stopped and looked underneath.... lots, lots of oil....
had to ring my mate to tow us home again....
now i dont have a car.... :rolleyes:

has this ever happened to anyone else?

Can't say it has happened to me but generally if my engine is making noises like you describe I don't keep driving it :confused:

teza h

Too bad about your motor pipzryd,that would have to suck.
I always approach even the smallest looking puddle with caution,because most of em are totaly chewed out by peaple (dickheads) that think it is fun to spin the weels and dig a big hole.
This is one good reason that NPWS and firies lock gates and we have few places left around cities to go bush driving.
Once again bummer about your motor.hope that you get it sorted ok.
Teza.

Grumpy

Rather a hard way to find out that water and motors dont mix especially when the water gets inside, bet you don't drive the next one after a soaking.

pipzryd

yeah. turns out it looks like i have a crack from the compression, so i guess it was already damaged from turning it over to flush the water out. dont know what im gonna do with it, project jack i guess, thinking of the jack8 project.....

Patriot

Administrator
Hey Pipzryd,

Really sorry to hear about that. Must have been a big puddle :(. A lot of people have done that before though. Hopefully not too expensive to fix, but there will be quite a bit of work I reckon.

James

pipzryd

yeah the engine is nearly out.... damn v6's are too compact to see anything, so all i need now is an engine crane or block n tackle to lift it to assess the damage. i will probably ditch it anyway cos half the work is already done. has anyone herd of a 253 or 308 in a jackeroo? thinking of playing around with this one now.

Split pin

yeah the engine is nearly out.... damn v6's are too compact to see anything, so all i need now is an engine crane or block n tackle to lift it to assess the damage. i will probably ditch it anyway cos half the work is already done. has anyone herd of a 253 or 308 in a jackeroo? thinking of playing around with this one now.

I know or believe that marks adapters has a kit to install the 3.8 litre Holden V6. Check out there web site

drval

ouch that would have hurt, but good luck with fixing it or the engine conversion, which ever you choose.

pipzryd

yeah i know.... another quick question, the 2006 rodeo has a 3.6 alloytec in it, is it the same power and size as the commodore one same with the gear box?
cos it seems that it would be alot easier putting that in because its already set up for a 4wd,

apparently you cant put anything bigger than a 3.8L into a jackaroo.... whick sucks cos the v8 i was looking at is a 4L