Welcome to Toyota!

LowLux

Well hello everybody Toyota!

This is the first post for the new Toyota thread and I'm excited!

This will be the beginning of a very informative section of the 4x4 Earth Forum, for those people who wish to talk anything Toyota.

Use it to find information relating to the Toyota brand and chat with others to become enlightened about all those things you thought you knew.

Please avoid unrelated banter as there are other threads for that. As with any thread in this forum, it will be monitored for undesirable activity.

Enjoy the threads and feel free to add anything that will be useful, constructive and informative.

Lets make the most of this fantastic opportunity!

Last edited:

LowLux

Hi Brian.

That'll be once it goes live to the masses. At present only those in the Team room can see this for another day or so.

Maybe start a new thread within the "80 Series" thread.

I reckon your getting as excited as I am.

80lover96gxl

Hi Brian.

That'll be once it goes live to the masses. At present only those in the Team room can see this for another day or so.

Maybe start a new thread within the "80 Series" thread.

I reckon your getting as excited as I am.

Haha hi Marc, yeah I just found it :rolleyes: so have put my question in there.
Looks great hay, yep exciting stuff alright.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

LowLux

So much to see and do Brian.
Once Patriot gives us our Mods access here, I'll clean these first few posts up so theyre in the right spot etc.
I think this is the beginning of many good things to come for this site and what's best about it, we're a part of its development.

80lover96gxl

So much to see and do Brian.
Once Patriot gives us our Mods access here, I'll clean these first few posts up so theyre in the right spot etc.
I think this is the beginning of many good things to come for this site and what's best about it, we're a part of its development.

Its a privilege to be apart of it for me Marc. Iv got so much out of this forum over the last few yrs its great to have the opportunity to maybe contribute something back in some way, lovin it:):)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
Might even form up a tighter Toyota vs Datsun rivalry when all the posts over here are relating to enjoyment and in the other camp they're talking about grenades going off!!:D

LowLux

I think it's going to be a real success.

Chard, time to lock n load for those incoming round he fire mate.

BOUNCY HJ61

Go The Toyota's

Greetings All,
Great Idea For A New Section On Earth, Great Stuff.
Looks Like It's Been A Bit Of Work, Congratulations On A Top Effort.
Looking Forward To The Future Toyota Camp.

Cheers Michael

cloughcarib

Hello, my name is Clough and I drive a Pwardo.

(thanks for the Toy section so I had a chance to get it off my chest)

bluehilux

Banned
Well i found this site a few years back and they do offer "genuine" parts.. go to Toyota with the Vin, email this company and you get a price.. i have twice and both times it's a bit less than half price.
They do other japanese makes BUT this is the Toyota section :)
Toyota parts catalog
cross reference with this site if you like:
ToyoDIY.com

I got a price from Toyota on the combination switch (in the steering column) and could get 2 new genuine ones and have 15 bucks change.
I have receipts.

Frankensurf

A Toyota thread... nice :)

Well i found this site a few years back and they do offer "genuine" parts.. go to Toyota with the Vin, email this company and you get a price.. i have twice and both times it's a bit less than half price.
They do other japanese makes BUT this is the Toyota section :)
Toyota parts catalog
cross reference with this site if you like:
ToyoDIY.com
Thanks Bluehilux. This is the kind of info that can help all Toyota owners.

ToyoDIY has helped me heaps of times. It's so much easier to take a printed diagram complete with specific part numbers to the local Toyota parts dealer, when only genuine bits will do.

That print out also helps to blunt the standard rsponse we Surf owners constantly get when enquiring about parts over the phone: "oh... an import... don't think we have parts for those". What a load of rubbish! Yes, it's a grey import, but it's still a Hilux and the parts ARE available!

bluehilux

Banned
Strangely enough I got the part number for the combination switch using my cars VIN number and the site in Sydney has it as a Surf part.. As the bloke at toyota only asked me one thing .. that was Did my Hilux (standard, not sr5) have tilt steering.
See part numbers:
just removing VIN..

Attachments

• combination switch.jpg
    combination switch.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 119
  • combination switch1 copy.jpg
    combination switch1 copy.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited: