Weird QLD Ritual or Tradition

Schwarzenegg

Legends,

As a day job, I work for XXXX.

My current project for the brand is looking at regional towns in Queensland for the State of Origin campaign, this year.

We'll be looking at weird spots like Banana, named after the famously yellow herding bullock, and others like it.

So, I'm interested to know, what have you got?

Given us 4WD fanatics travel a lot, what's the weirdest/ funniest or most wholesome ritual; tradition, figure, statue, or notable thing you've seen travelling Queensland?

I'm specifically interested in the Beaudesert, Goondiwindi, Jimboomba, or North Queensland areas.

But I'll take anything.

Cheers,

Attachments

• f326f7c94d1ecf28c1a24815f94a108b.jpeg
    f326f7c94d1ecf28c1a24815f94a108b.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 25

cam04

We have a bit of history with building work in the brewery. Small world.

The fact that somebody took the time to build a sign saying “welcome to Augathella, home of the meat ant” must be worth an honourable mention?

The older guys will remember having to salute “halfway Harry” the soldier on the hill at the church overlooking the freeway at pimpama each time we passed by.

Short of that, the boys used to drop their pants at the bar whenever eagle rock was playing. Not sure that is a strictly qld thing?

Mentioning anything else would probably earn me a banning haha.

Schwarzenegg

We have a bit of history with building work in the brewery. Small world.

The fact that somebody took the time to build a sign saying “welcome to Augathella, home of the meat ant” must be worth an honourable mention?

The older guys will remember having to salute “halfway Harry” the soldier on the hill at the church overlooking the freeway at pimpama each time we passed by.

Short of that, the boys used to drop their pants at the bar whenever eagle rock was playing. Not sure that is a strictly qld thing?

Mentioning anything else would probably earn me a banning haha.
Hahaha this is amazing, and spot on what we're looking for.

Keep em coming, guys.

Cheers,

cam04

There may or may not have been a B & S ball at Dirranbandi in the 90's called the plucked duck where a group of gents - I may or may not have been involved - may have stripped off and placed certain appendages through holes in disposable plates and charged across the dance floor for the inaugural running of the "cox plate"...... How's that going to go in an add?

Schwarzenegg

There may or may not have been a B & S ball at Dirranbandi in the 90's called the plucked duck where a group of gents - I may or may not have been involved - may have stripped off and placed certain appendages through holes in disposable plates and charged across the dance floor for the inaugural running of the "cox plate"...... How's that going to go in an add?
Works for me... But perhaps not the Advertising Beverages Alcohol Code...

Also, I applaud your ability to outline the potential consequence of going there, but thinking about it, and then aiming for glory regardless.