Waterproofing a canvas bag

Bomber2012

I’m after a spray on application to waterproof a new canvas bag I bought to carry my sleeping gear (doona , pillows ,etc). Can anyone recommend a product they have used ?

phs

John U

I’m after a spray on application to waterproof a new canvas bag I bought to carry my sleeping gear (doona , pillows ,etc). Can anyone recommend a product they have used ?
Apart from the seams and stitching, and depending on how those are done, it may be waterproof. Have you tested it? I've had good results with canvas backpacks in pouring rain. Not a drop inside.

LongRoad2Go

Nikwax makes a canvas waterproof agent. I've used their down (feather) version and it's very good stuff. They have been around for decades.

Have waterproofed canvas rucksacks with Nikwax, using Snoseal (beeswax in a blue & white jar) on the stitching = VERY good. (Beeswax won't rot cloth or leather)

If you're after a truly waterproof bag for those items, I recommend getting a 'dry bag' - we use them on canyon/kayak/extended bushwalking trips to keep essential gear 100% waterproof.