Warburton Tracks

jimbob

Warburton Tracks VIC

gday,
Has anyone any info on the warburton tracks after the smallish amounts of rain weve had in VIC, doin a trip 30/05/09-31/05/09.:)

Cheers.

jimbob:cool:

Last edited:

BUSHNUT

gday,
Has anyone any info on the warburton tracks after the smallish amounts of rain weve had in VIC, doin a trip 30/05/09-31/05/09.:)

Cheers.

jimbob:cool:

No mate but I think the main concern would be areas in which has been ravaged by fire, Warburton came close to being evacuated as it came pretty damn close. I would check with the warburton police station or find out what branch of Parks the area comes under .

Call in and say Hi , Somerville Optical , 23 Eramosa Road East, Somerville .

jimbob

thanks mate, Somerville optical ...drive past every mornin to work, do you guys stock good sunnies aswell ?

graskye

Hi mate,
I lead a trip up to wesburn sunday 17th may, it was very wet and slippery, depending the tracks you wish to go I would suggest very good muddies. there was also some tracks that had some deep ruts, all depends on what tracks you are looking to do.
Britannia range trk muddies mabe winch,
Cemetery trk deep rutts 33s and whinch,
Burns rd at the lest 33s lockers whinch,
Ellis trk all the above and time
Thats the tracks ive done on 35s simex. It all depends on you and your 4wds capabilaity and accsories.
Hope that helps

good luck

Graskye

graskye

No mate but I think the main concern would be areas in which has been ravaged by fire, Warburton came close to being evacuated as it came pretty damn close. I would check with the warburton police station or find out what branch of Parks the area comes under .

Call in and say Hi , Somerville Optical , 23 Eramosa Road East, Somerville .

There is no damage in the area of wesburn if you are going to call someone call DSE/Parks victoria branch in Powelltown. Thats who i called and thay helped me there are some closed tracks that the gates are not closed on so be cearfull eg Crusher trk is ment to be closed but the gates are open.
The tracks i listed are open

Graskye

graskye

Cheers Graskye , thats info im lookin for

No probs the are more tracks up the if you are looking for some tracks with not as bad conditions you just have to look a bit to find them ie Coppin trk passable with 31s and some good driving

remember always travel with more than one 4wd

Cheers

Graskye

jimbob

we have 4 on trip ,all well equiped and lookin forward to it , ill post some pics from the trip when were back and all units have a nice new top coat of warburton mud :)

Davidman

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Was it you Bushnut that was talking about fines for using closed tracks when we were at the Vic Day. What was it, $1000 per wheel or something.

They don't publicise that much, wonder how much they raise in fines ?

BUSHNUT

Was it you Bushnut that was talking about fines for using closed tracks when we were at the Vic Day. What was it, $1000 per wheel or something.

They don't publicise that much, wonder how much they raise in fines ?

Yep ! That is what we were told on route to the Simpson Desert crossing 2007, thats is what it is in central Australia, I don't know about here but I think you would get a good kicking . here they gate it off and there is a fine for driving around the gate .

Anyway, that is what we were told , someone may have other particulars about that .

jimbob

30/05/09 - 01/06/09 Did britania,burns,cemetery with BFG muddys 31s and my mate did all of them with BFG A/Ts (couldnt bloody believe he did it really) , heaps of mud and deep ruts everywhere , battled on and only had to snatch my mate twice (once on burns + ellis. Did half ellis track and decided it was not in the vehicles or our best intrests to push on , top trip . I would highly recommend the burns track.

Davidman

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Did you capture any track files that you can upload to the site ?
Sound like a great trip.

jimbob

i have uploaded a few photos in the gallery so far , more to come then ill start doing track files....yeah was a great trip.

Last edited:

phs

i posted a trk after my last trip out there FUN fUN FUN MT. Bride fire break. its the turn off about half way up or so on burn's trk (after the long sets of rutts) it's around a tight bend the trks on the left it looks like a moto trk but its not. its very good high light of my day!!!

burns trk is good fun not really hard thow. my blood didnt get going till mt. bride...

looks like where up for some fun saturday week jimbob!!!

Last edited:

jimbob

That track was to difficult for my mate with the cruiser (lol) so we turned back , ill be giving it a go next trip i reakon.

phs

cool cool he would have had to revease back down hey thats the only delema with it, is there's no turing back the track is bearly wide enough for a 4x4, it definetly had me fooled for a moto track till i sore the water hole at the end, in the past it must have keep't going, but a bit futher along after the water hole it hits cross roads and st8 has been dozed shut the map show's it going quite a bit further.