wanted: chev 350 block

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
G'day, Frosty is looking for a 350 chev block. Large journal with caps if possible. 4 bolt mains would be nice. (not asking for much?):rolleyes: 30 or 40 thou over would be perfect.

My boat should be restored in the next 2 months or so. All I need is a block and I can screw a new engine together. YAY!! :D:D:D

Any help or leads would be muchly appreciated.

Ta. Justin :)

Croozer

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Frosty I have mate up glasshouse way that might be able to help ya. Both my spare 350's are spoken for but I will give my mate Don a call and see what he's got. Mine would be a bit out of the price range I think. How much do you need just block and caps or a runner or long. Have you got most of the bolt ons already?

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks Cruiser, I've got everything, forged pistons, cam, 400 ported heads, match ported victor jnr. manifold, marine sump, the works. Will make 350 hp when assembled.
The pistons are 40 thou. over and measure up fine.
Just need a block with caps. If I can't get one with caps, I ll have it bored and rebalanced.

A phone call would be great!!!

Pure Yobbo

There is an importer in the back of capalaba - A little guy bringing them in. I purchased a short motor from him when we were looking for a block. (suit rebuild which is what we were chasing)

I'll chase up the details if you are interested.

Cheers

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
That would be lovely!! Thanks mate. Preferably just a block and a crank if small journal. I've got all racing and forged gear for bottom end. Ta

Pure Yobbo

That would be lovely!! Thanks mate. Preferably just a block and a crank if small journal. I've got all racing and forged gear for bottom end. Ta

YOU NEED A STEEL CRANK! forget the standard crank they snap. Got proof in my shed as a paper weight.

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
The large journal cranks are solid steel, usually. small journal ones were pressed apparantly, so some expert told me. They came inearlier blocks.