Want to make triton dose

Ramiosman351

Hello I have a 2008 3.2l triton ml and was wondering if there was a way to make it dose like the 2.5.. I have a 3inch straight pip all the way with a snorkel.

Toddyh

The 2.5L will pump out 22psi from the turbo. That's why you get the turbo flutter. I think the 3.2L in the ML is about half that from factory.
Easiest way would be to get more pressure through a turbo upgrade.

CaptainBanana

Waste gates release pressure on throttle lift to stop flutter between the compressor and throttle body.... It's a petrol thing.

Big_block_Rick

Waste gates release pressure on throttle lift to stop flutter between the compressor and throttle body.... It's a petrol thing.
You are thinking a blow off valve. The waste gate controls the amount of exhaust gasses turning the turbo, as the gate opens it bypasses the turbo preventing over boost. A boost controller will give you more pressure.

Reactions: phs

CaptainBanana

You are thinking a blow off valve. The waste gate controls the amount of exhaust gasses turning the turbo, as the gate opens it bypasses the turbo preventing over boost. A boost controller will give you more pressure.

You are absolutely right mate I read that straight out of bed this morning and actually thought it I was referring to a blow off and not the gate

phs

That’s the one,

You can also dump the gate exhaust out a short straight pipe bypassing the main exhaust
They sound like a 747...... the good old days ha not really but there loud

CaptainBanana

That’s the one,

You can also dump the gate exhaust out a short straight pipe bypassing the main exhaust
They sound like a 747...... the good old days ha not really but there loud

Yeah I'm definitely too old for screamer pipes

CaptainBanana

^^^^ So does this mean he wants to make his Triton intensely annoying ?

When you're in your twenties you don't realise you're being annoying, I actually feel bad for my neighbours 20 years ago when I was driving modified cars with very little muffling.... how things change when you get older hey!

G_ute

Oh, I think they realise, thats the point. To annoy, to distract. Getting a buzz out of being a bad boy. Not just young people either.
Its the "look at me, look at me" syndrome, sometimes mixed in with with a little "I will do anything I want, f^%k you"
Older generations react to the annoyances more, as has always been the case.