WALHALLA TRIP: 22-24 Nov

Paul Patrol

Hi Erin & Anthony, or is it Adrian? Not sure??

Put me down as a fiddy fiddy at this stage. Will let you know Thursday night but if I can make it, it will be for Saddy only as Kylie has stuff on & I gotta be a parent.

Lil_Miss

Hi Erin & Anthony, or is it Adrian? Not sure??

Put me down as a fiddy fiddy at this stage. Will let you know Thursday night but if I can make it, it will be for Saddy only as Kylie has stuff on & I gotta be a parent.

Hey Dave.... or is it Paul??? Haha

Look forward to catching up again if u can come

Lil_Miss

Just packing the car now, ready to head up tomorrow afternoon. Meeting spot is O'Tooles. If anyone doesn't know how to get there, feel free to ask me :)

matthewperk

Cool! I'll be leaving from work around 5pm, so should hopefully be there by 7:30pm!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

matthewperk

So I've been a retard and gone to the wrong o'tooles. I went to the one near eilden :-( so looks like I'm going to have to give it all a miss. Too much driving tonight to make it there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Paul Patrol

Great nights camping (Friday night). & driving on Saturday. The mighty Datson was awesome as usual. Had lots of laughs around the campfire & met more great fellow Earthers. A big shout out to the Earth volunteers that maintain O Tooles campground & for building that awesome gazebo.

So I've been a retard and gone to the wrong o'tooles. I went to the one near eilden :-( so looks like I'm going to have to give it all a miss. Too much driving tonight to make it there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If only it had said walhalla in the thread title

matthewperk

Yes but when you google o'tooles the first one to come up is only 30km away from the other and is on the 4x4 earth site listings too...

Sent from my GT-I9300

Haha just shitstirring, did make me feel better after I managed to get lost for 2 hours on the way though!!

awesome trip with great people, and the gazebo is amazing, came in very handy when we copped a bit of rain sat night, hats off to all involved.

Lil_Miss

Thanks all for coming and making it a great trip. Thanks to the O'Tooles 4x4 Earthers working bee people for making an awesome shelter!! Sorry Matt that you didn't make it, I thought you would have seen that we were camping at O'Tooles Walhalla... I never knew their was one in Eildon!
Anyway, I haven't got a trip report ready and I didn't really get any photos but if anyone really wants me to write a report, I'll suck it up and write one!

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
Great to hear you had a good weekend away Erin & Digger. Was up at Walhalla today working & copped a bit of rain, so I guess some of the tracks might have been 'interesting'....;)

Lil_Miss

Great to hear you had a good weekend away Erin & Digger. Was up at Walhalla today working & copped a bit of rain, so I guess some of the tracks might have been 'interesting'....;)

The tracks would have been interesting if they weren't ALL GRADED :( :( :(

Such a lovely area tho and great company, so it made up for the less than challenging 4X4ing

Last edited:

GQ351C

Was a last minute decision as to whether or not I could make it on this trip, as I just finished working on
my patrol @ 6pm. I too got lost on the way near O'Tooles which lead me to do a night 4wding trip down flats track which was quite interesting as it was just after midnight when we made it to the camping ground. Had a great time as usual and met some more friendly 4x4 earth members. Very impressed at the awesome gazebo Thanks to all who were involved in building it.
Cheers Peter

matthewperk

Thanks all for coming and making it a great trip. Thanks to the O'Tooles 4x4 Earthers working bee people for making an awesome shelter!! Sorry Matt that you didn't make it, I thought you would have seen that we were camping at O'Tooles Walhalla... I never knew their was one in Eildon!
Anyway, I haven't got a trip report ready and I didn't really get any photos but if anyone really wants me to write a report, I'll suck it up and write one!

Hey lil,

I did see that it was a Walhalla trip, but I assumed there would only be one called O'Tooles and considering the work 4x4 Earth has been doing there it would be the first to come up on their maps.

The campground I went to was only probably 30km away from yours as the crow flies. But at 8pm as it was getting dark with many 4x4 tracks to cover on the way I didn't really want to take the risk (the decision to turn back was also assisted as I forgot to throw the swag in the back so I was going to be sleeping in my hammock).

Next time though! There'll be plenty of opportunity yet!