Walhalla mine trip with Rudi

Nickj

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Hey all

I thought I would transfer this trip as it was a little hidden where it was.
The trip is set for the 15/16th May 2010. Please see below for further details.
Contact me or Rudi if you are a definite starter. Rudi's details below, PM me.

Rudi Paoletti said:
We have capped the trip to 10 cars in total ( we are not limiting number of occupants per vehicle) We have 5 definites already.
I will be leading a historical / mine tour for everyone at no charge...unfortunetly I cannot bring my geologist along as this would involve payment from each individual--- as geologist are not cheap.... you will have to book in for one my mine tours for my geologist.
However, there will be a fee of $52 per car only... not $1 of this goes to me but to my non-profit Incorporation in which all funds goes to signage, restoration and protection of historical sites of this area... click here for full details Untitled Document
for these kind of tours, many would know I charge at least $60-$70 per person.... I am not interested in making an money for this tour.... just to raise a little money to protect our history in this region
you may nominate an indiviudal for the $52 and this entitles you a 12 month subscription to come on my many expeditions of the area, and be kept in the loop.....a rare experience indeed.... our next expedition is in search of a 2nd burial ground at Store Point that no one has heard of..... how do I know? you will have to wait and see on the tour!!!!
$52 in payable on the day--- per vehicle... not per individual
a brief itinery is visiting such sites as the Edwards Reef and Store Point Cemetery, Anderson mines with rare 1880's signatures engraved in the mine...the Royal Standard Group of mines, township, machinery, etc. and much more....
Friday night camp would be at The Springs (off McEvoys Trck) Sat. night camp would be at my mine lease/ block near Cast Iron Point ( Walhalla Rd).
You will require a torch and reasonable walkign shoes... walks are short and fairly easy... kids... not a problem on this trip. Change of clothing is always handy... one mine (optional) with the signatures has water just below your knees.... so you will need chanhe of socks an shoes,....no gumboots, as they may fill with water.
I will suppy hard hats for the mines... bring your own if you have them
All I require from you is an email with your name and contact tel: number.

I don;t need the names of each of your occupants.
Please, if you are attending, make sure you are 100%... I cannot accept. I might be there, not good enough....becuase we are turning other people away becuase of your attendance...so please be considerate.

Only few spots left, so get cracking and email me at info@adventurermaps.com.au

Hope you can make it.......

Regards Rudi

This will be a great trip in a great part of the state. You wont get another chance of an experience like this.

Nick

russell1974

hey nick is there a whos going list done for this trip? It should be a good one will there be any interest in going up friday nite at were ever is close to the meet up point will be up there?

sschmez

Stevo and Co. will be there.

Rudi Paoletti said:
Friday night camp would be at The Springs (off McEvoys Trck) Sat. night camp would be at my mine lease/ block near Cast Iron Point ( Walhalla Rd).

See you there Russell
;)
Stevo

Nickj

Well, so far we have:

Rudi
Nickj
Nickj's mate
Deepop
Sschmez
Russell1974
Davidman
TNA
Vitara94

Yes we can head up Friday night if you like. Camping at The Springs along McEvoys Tk or Springs Rd whichever map/GPS you look at. Best to head through Walhalla town, along Walhalla Rd, right into Binns Rd, left at McEvoys Tk. The Springs is on this rd between Williamson Spur Tk and Donnelly Creek Tk.

Nick

Last edited:

Davidman

I am a definite Nick. I did advise Rudi, but better put me down here too.
Thanks

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
G'day Nick,

You've probably considered it already but we can't make this a base camp return each night type trip?

I'm set up for travelling but easier with the family to base camp.

I'll be there either way.

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
We'll be going up Friday early afternoon most likely, get most of the driving done with the kids asleep.

Does Rudy have any problem with having the dog along?

Any reply to doing the base camp thingy instead?

Nickj

I think because of the distance (rather travel time) between Binns Rd and Cast Iron Point (Walhalla Rd near Merringtons tk), Rudi has elected to stay at a different spot each night.
I am happy to go up after work Friday, time unsure as yet. We could meet at BP Longwarry or something like that.
Will let you know in time to come.

Nick

vitara94

is there still room in the group for me:) just trying to get the time off work, it has not been confirmed yet by the boss

lol i went down spud spur over xmas on the way down to tassi...

cheers john

Nickj

Hi John

Will add you to the list if you are a definite. $52 per car, no matter how many in the car.
Please confirm you are definite.

Nick

Davidman

I am open to a Friday PM meet up at the BP or somewhere else, whatever suits.

Looking forward to it, the area has so much history.

russell1974

I think because of the distance (rather travel time) between Binns Rd and Cast Iron Point (Walhalla Rd near Merringtons tk), Rudi has elected to stay at a different spot each night.
I am happy to go up after work Friday, time unsure as yet. We could meet at BP Longwarry or something like that.
Will let you know in time to come.

Nick

Sounds good to me. l finish work around 5. Just a question to all going how many are going with there kids. And what ages are they? We are contemplating whether or not to take ours. Ours are 8,4,1.

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
Sounds good to me. l finish work around 5. Just a question to all going how many are going with there kids. And what ages are they? We are contemplating whether or not to take ours. Ours are 8,4,1.

Russell1974

My kids are 3.6, 2.4 & 10 months and at this stage are all coming along. If there are issues with them I'll still take along one or two of the older ones but I think all five of us are coming. Should be a busy trip for us!