Walhalla area

Richowoodside

Hey fellow campers, I’m hoping to head to Walhalla in a couple of weeks, as long as uncle Dan takes us out of lockdown. I’ve recently purchased a 2006 Discovery 3 and haven’t had her in the bush yet. I haven’t had a 4B for about 10 years but before that I used to get out a lot up in the High county but not Walhalla. Can anyone recommend a good circuit to do. Don’t want anything hard but just enough to dip the toes back in. I’m thinking 2 nights camping at different spots with some fun Saturday and Sunday. Thanks

boobook

Welcome, Richo. There are people here that can advise you on that area better than I. IMHO you should look further east to Licola area. Less hoons, rubbish, a lot quieter, and a little easier to start getting back into 4wding.

Have fun.

phs

Walhalla is frequented by some yahoo’s at times,

Some of the tracks are hard as well so definitely do some research on the tracks you intend to take

Keep away from any of the deep creek tracks

maybe head into marringtons flat via merringtons track and out via Donnelly creek track

discomatt

Check what’s open and what’s is closed for the winter, as far as I am aware all the hard stuff will be closed. As long as the Disco has some decent tires and no EAS issues it will do 99% of what’s open easily

Richowoodside

Welcome, Richo. There are people here that can advise you on that area better than I. IMHO you should look further east to Licola area. Less hoons, rubbish, a lot quieter, and a little easier to start getting back into 4wding.

Have fun.
Thanks that’s good advice

Richowoodside

Walhalla is frequented by some yahoo’s at times,

Some of the tracks are hard as well so definitely do some research on the tracks you intend to take

Keep away from any of the deep creek tracks

maybe head into marringtons flat via merringtons track and out via Donnelly creek track
Thanks for your feedback, yes not ready for too hard yet

Richowoodside

Check what’s open and what’s is closed for the winter, as far as I am aware all the hard stuff will be closed. As long as the Disco has some decent tires and no EAS issues it will do 99% of what’s open easily
Thanks fellow Disco, tyres aren’t bad but they are no MT. And as far as I know no EAS issues, but I guess that’s where it will fail

discomatt

A good all terrain and LT is all that’s needed, get a code reader beforehand re getting really adventurous. If not already join AULRO